Printer resizing copies question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printer resizing copies question

I have some records from TNA and they are huge I wanted to copy them and save them to my tree is there a way to copy them smaller ? if you know what I mean ? these are A4 X2 size.
    Thanks

[EDIT]

I think I read the original message incorrectly, you mean that your scans are too large don't you.
    Again if you use GIMP, you can easily import both images, placing them side by side and then use Export to export it as a single smaller image
    ----------------------
    If you have Microsoft Office on your PC, you should have Microsoft Office Picture Manager
    Open the image with that program and then use the Picture > resize command on the menu bar.
    If you do not have Office, you can use any other good graphics program to do the same, such as GIMP (which is free)
    Last edited by TrevorFranklin; 03-11-13, 14:57.

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

hi Trevor I didnt explain myself well, somebody kindly got these copies from The TNA and they are twice the size of A4s so would have to scan them half at a time but would rather have smaller copies ie A4 size is there a way of reducing them thanks

Comment

dont worry Trevor I copied them half at a time thanks for helping

Comment

Originally posted by TrevorFranklin View Post
          [EDIT]

If you have Microsoft Office on your PC, you should have Microsoft Office Picture Manager
          Open the image with that program and then use the Picture > resize command on the menu bar.
          If you do not have Office, you can use any other good graphics program to do the same, such as GIMP (which is free)
          Many thanks for that tip Trevor. I have had Microsoft Office on my PC for three years and didnt even know about this handy tool. Wasn't until I went looking for it this morning that I found it. Thank you again.
          Linda - Happy Hunting

A tidy house is the sign of a broken computer

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

Comment

Working...
          X