This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Has anyone come across this?

My daughter can not sign in on her laptop and gets this error message ..........
    "The user profile service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded"
    Can she solve the problem herself or will she have to take it somewhere? Unfortunately she is in Southern Ireland and I'm in East Sussex so I can't really help her! She has Vista and is there is only her user profile. Any techie help would be greatly appreciated.
    Lesley passed away in November 2017.

there is a lot of stuff about this if you google see if this helps,

also if you can have remote access to your daughters laptop maybe you can help

Comment

Thanks Val I had already seen that but was hoping there might be an easier way as my daughter is probably not confident enough to try that, it seems quite complicated.

Comment

ask her if she has remote access on her laptop then you could do it for her from your end good luck

Comment

This cannot be done remotely, as to allow remote access needs the user to log-in and allow this (Chicken and egg.)
          The fix that Val points to, if followed carefully could help, but it would be better to take it to a professional, as playing around in the registry, if you do not know what you are doing, can make things worse
          Last edited by TrevorFranklin; 01-11-13, 14:41.

Researching:
          FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

That is what I thought Trevor. I really don't think she would be confident enough to try and I've told her to take it to a someone who knows what they are doing. Any idea what could have caused the problem ?

Comment

A software 'hicup' in Windows

Researching:
              FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Working...
              X