Looking for my x3 great grandmother

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for my x3 great grandmother

Ann Parker was born in Wosingham Co Durham in 1806 bap 13 April 1806 parents Richard and Mary(nee Featherstone) Parker
    Ann married William Woodend on 23 June 1821 at St Mary's and St Stephens Wolsingham Durham after banns & consent.
    William died in Feb 1835 in Darlington Ann was a Glover aged 40yrs on the 1841 census HO107/303/21, Folio 13, Page 21

Their child were John, William George, Elizabeth and Jane b 1822-32

From this I can find nothing, her death or her in later census, can anyone help please
    Foxyloxy

just realised you meant she was a Glover ? I was looking for her under that name

Comment

;D yes her occupation was a Glover....her married surname was Woodend!
      Last edited by foxyloxy; 31-10-13, 11:10.
      Foxyloxy

Comment

I think this might be her and children in 1851 transcribed as Woodhead on Ancestry but looks like Woodhend

Begin your discovery today by exploring the world's largest online family history resource!

HO107, piece 2382, folio 183, page 38
        Jackie

Comment

clever you Jackie

Comment

If that one is right this might be her in 1861. She seems to be older than you suggest though and she's changing her place of birth. Do you know that she was born in 1806 in Wolsingham or did you assume that from her baptism?

RG9, piece 3679, folio 4, page 2
            Jackie

Comment

You are a treasure Jackie, but I do not have ancestry, so I can't see what you have found:(
              Last edited by foxyloxy; 31-10-13, 12:11.
              Foxyloxy

Comment

3 Park Place, St Johns, Darlington

Ann Woodhend head widow 55 glover born Stanhope
                Elizabeth dtr 28 unmarried (can't read occupation) b Wolsingham
                William P son 22 unm. coal train guard (I think) b Wolsingham
                John son 18 unm. woolcomber b Wolsingham
                William grandson unm. 8 b Darlington
                Jackie

Comment

12 Bridge St., St John Darlington

Ann Woodend head widow 63 glove maker (lather) b Capelworth
                  William grandson 16 painter (Ap) b Darlington
                  Jackie

Comment

The 1851 looks like her, daughter Elizabeth was single and her first child was called William. She was a Wool Spinner in 1841
                    William P ( Parker) married in May 1851
                    John married in 1863 ( his father William Woodend was a Wool Spinner who was born in Stanhope)
                    George didn't marry until 1852 he was an Agr Lab/Hind (1851 21yrs Ag Lab HO107/2386, Folio 89, Page 23 Durham, Evenwood) can't find him/family in 1861 census, but John his son was born in Darlington 2Q 1861 and in the 1871 George worked for the railways

Thank you... so I know she was still alive in 1851

The 1861 not sure/maybe/possibility. Ann a glove maker, William ( poss Elizabeth's son) but no sign of Elizabeth, Grace or John ( Elizabeth's other chiildren who were born in Wolsingham)
                    Foxyloxy

Comment

I hate to throw a spanner in the works, but wonder if you have seen this - BT of marriages in Wolsingham, 1821, saying that William Woodhead married Ann Robinson.

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3....XR:n1811159156

There are 2 possibilities -

Born may 12, 1799 in Wolsingham

or born 16 feb 1805 and baptised on 3/11/1805 in Walsingham. This would have made her 16 when she married.

The confusing thing is that Ann Parker was born in Stanhope, as stated on the 1851 census

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3....6H:n1583448871
                      Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

Hi Linda

Thank you ............ and don't worry about throwing a spanner in the works I would much rather you did as that is why I posted to get the expertise/help of other researchers.

Another confusing thing is that it seems that all the family continued the names each generation back generations as well as forward, so there are several 'cousins' called William Woodend/Woodherd/Woodhead and all the children also used the same given names when they named their own children and of course they are all born in or around the Darlington area, which is one reason why I am so confused. I know census can't be 'trusted' with birth place, however without other primary records and there are few 'connecting' records for that era, which is why I think I am so confused.

Their third child was William Parker Woodend which is why I think 'this' William married Ann Parker but without more primary records and during that time frame it is difficult to find more, or certainly enough to prove conclusively.

Another William Woodend (cousin) married Ann Robinson.

.....and I have just looked on FS and found this https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/J3X2-L3L but it is not the same as I have in my records which were taken from the PRs in Darlington. But this transcription on FS it is a collection, not a record.

Addition:
                        Just checked your last link, showing a record for both an Ann Parker and an Ann Robinson both Stanhope bap.... so there was others born at the same time...and I thought this would be easy;D OK back to the drawing board!

Still need to prove this one as it clearly says in that PR Ann Parker bap Stanhope with the 'same' parents... could they have baptised her twice in different places?
                        Last edited by foxyloxy; 31-10-13, 15:04.
                        Foxyloxy

Comment

Originally posted by Night Owl View Post

3 Park Place, St Johns, Darlington

Ann Woodhend head widow 55 glover born Stanhope
                          Elizabeth dtr 28 unmarried (can't read occupation) b Wolsingham
                          William P son 22 unm. coal train guard (I think) b Wolsingham
                          John son 18 unm. woolcomber b Wolsingham
                          William grandson unm. 8 b Darlington
                          Elizabeths occupation looks to me like 'Stuff weaver' [definitely S???? Weaver] though,!
                          Julie
                          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
                          X