Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help finding more about KELSO family

Hello!
    I'm trying to find out more information about my family, the Kelso's. I'll tell you what I know about my family and if anyone could help me out even a little that would be great!

I'm going to start with my great-great grandfather.
    • DAVID EDWARD KELSO I- BORN MARCH 20TH 1918-MARCH 22ND 2010

1. LIVED IN DARBY PENNSYLVANIA FROM 1918-ABOUT 1940
    2. MARRIED MY GREAT-GRANDMOTHER MARIE E CALLANAN IN 1941
    3. HE THEN LIVED IN DREXEL HILL FOR MOST OF HIS ADULT LIFE, BEFORE RETIRING TO FORT WASHINGTON PA AFTER MY GREAT GRANDMOTHER DIED. HE MARRIED A LORRAINE SHORTLY AFTERWARDS.
    4. HE ALSO HAD MY GRANDFATHER DAVID EDWARD KELSO JR. IN 1943 & MARIE KELSO IN 1946

• MY GREAT-GREAT GRANDFATHER
    • EDWARD STEPHEN KELSO BORN MAY 29 1884 DIED JUNE 1958 IN DARBY PA
    • HE MARRIED A FLORENCE J POWERS
    • LIVED IN PHILADELPHIA UNTIL 1920 THEN MOVED TO DARBY PA FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE.

• MY GREAT-GREAT-GREAT GRANDFATHER
    • DAVID KELSO BORN DECEMBER OF 1860 IN IRELAND
    • HE MARRIED A MAGGIE KELSO (NO KNOWLEDGE OF MAIDEN NAME)
    • MAGGIE WAS BORN JUNE OF 1861 IN NEW YORK
    • THEY LIVED IN PHILADELPHIA (WARD 36) UNTIL 1910 UNTIL THEY MOVED TO UPLAND PA
    • HE ARRIVED IN NEW YORK AT THE AGE OF 20 JULY 27 1881
    • THE SHIP NAME WAS THE "STATE OF NEBRASKA" IT DEPARTED FROM GLASGOW,SCOTLAND

DAVID KELSO AND HIS WIFE MAGGIE IS WHO I REALLY WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT SUCH AS THEIR PARENTS NAME ETC. I JUST WANTED TO PROVIDE AS MUCH INFO AS I COULD FOR ANYONE WHO NEEDED TO FACT CHECK. MY FAMILY AND I HAVE HIT A DEAD END AND ANY HELP WOULD MEAN A LOT. THANK YOU!

Looks like a marriage c 1884 New York or Philadelphia then ?

Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

Nothing obvious popping up at the moment :(
    Last edited by Katarzyna; 30-10-13, 10:38.
    Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

death certs didn't record parents names?

Comment

MY GREAT-GREAT-GREAT GRANDFATHER
        DAVID KELSO BORN DECEMBER OF 1860 IN IRELAND
        HE MARRIED A MAGGIE KELSO (NO KNOWLEDGE OF MAIDEN NAME)
        MAGGIE WAS BORN JUNE OF 1861 IN NEW YORK
        THEY LIVED IN PHILADELPHIA (WARD 36) UNTIL 1910 UNTIL THEY MOVED TO UPLAND PA
        HE ARRIVED IN NEW YORK AT THE AGE OF 20 JULY 27 1881
        THE SHIP NAME WAS THE "STATE OF NEBRASKA" IT DEPARTED FROM GLASGOW,SCOTLAND
        looking on Ancestry I have found a baptism of a David KELSO in Dec 1859. [it might be worthwhile trying to locate this person on Familysearch.org and see if they had any other children, which could help you to connect with 'your' David]

do you have any of the marriage certificates at all? [ do they give Parents names/occupations? or are they just the father of the bride & groom like here in the uk? do they have witness' that could also be family members?]

the baptism I found: see below

Name: David Kelso
        Baptism Date: 11 Dec 1859
        Baptism Place: Templepatrick, Antrim, Ireland
        Father's Name: Wm. Kelso
        Mother's Name: Millicent Mc Coy
        FHL Film Number: 990082

I notice that David had a son called William and also a daughter that he called Millicent on the 1900 census, If it were my family I would like to have some sort of paper trail leading me back to the right conclusion [and not just jumping feet first into the puddle!]
        Last edited by Darksecretz; 01-11-13, 13:40.
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Originally posted by Katarzyna View Post
          Looks like a marriage c 1884 New York or Philadelphia then ?

Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

Nothing obvious popping up at the moment :(
          it's looking like it'll be in Pennsylvania from looking at the census Kat, Edward is 16 on 1900 and was born in Pennsylvania and the marriage has been 16 yrs.. that would be where I would look... I'd have a shuftie as well to see if I could find a bapt/birth record of Edward too, as that possibly would give the MMN.
          Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
          X