Canada 1921 Census

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canada 1921 Census

THe census is now indexed on ancestry.ca, and is free to search.

However I haven't been able to find three of my BC rellies, although I had found them earlier by going through the images.

I will have another go at this evening after work.

bcbrit
    George, Uren, Toy - Cornwall. Barrows, Blair, Bowyer, Freeth, Green, Manie - London

I've been looking for my great grandfather who should be in Saskatoon, Sask. but I can't find him. Probably mistranscribed! :(
    I have found my Grandad, Grandma & my Dad and my maternal great grandparents and also a couple of great uncles and their families. Where are you great grandfather George Washington Kilpatrick?
    My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

Yippee! Gotta find time to go lookin' for 'em all

Comment

Yippee squared! I'll have to look for my auntie's husband's family in the wilds of Alberta.
        Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

I found two of my BC rellies One was Leivingston instead of Livingstone !

The other one I found through his wife. Everything was correctly transcribed, so have no idea why he didn't turn up under his forename or his surname.

I think ancestry likes to mess with my mind - lol !

bcbrit
          George, Uren, Toy - Cornwall. Barrows, Blair, Bowyer, Freeth, Green, Manie - London

Comment

I found a "70" year old cousin, son of the 40+ head of household... the child was actually 10 years old
            Last edited by PhotoFamily; 30-10-13, 12:16.

Comment

I went on line today to find family. Father was easy to find. Sister Bessie was transcribed very weirdly. Then went to find Mom's mom. I thought they were in Langley. I found the uncle transcribed incorrectly but close enough. After much thought I looked for her by first name and listed her many sisters. Up they popped. No trouble at allllll (30 minutes of trying various spellings). Last name of McIlvanie had been transcribed as McDavis!!!!! Good thing I went with the sisters because the brothers I knew as Jack and Red were listed as Johnathan and Woodrow. So good hunting everyone and remember to think out of the box.
              Does anyone know if there is a way of correcting the transcription like you can in Find my past.
              Donelda

searching for the Berkshire Hobbises, Rowles, Staniford, Rogers, Parkers, Thackhams, Gouts, LeBouviers, Heaphys and Wilsons

Comment

Found my auntie's husband's family just like that! Mr Clutterbuck the enumerator had a rather thick-nibbed pen but his writing was legible.
                Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

My g'grandfather homesteaded in SK. I thought he was back in the US before the 1921 - but I found him there!

Comment

Working...
                  X