Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Crest School, Hendon

Hi

Could anyone please tell me anything about the Crest School, Hendon? I have it mentioned on a document from 1944.

ETA: could it rather be the name of a residental address?

Cheers.
    Last edited by Felix; 24-10-13, 13:19.

Could it be this: Ner Yisrael Synagogue, The Crest, Hendon, London NW4 2HY
    It is now a private nursery by the name of Talpiyot Nursery. I haven't been able to find any other references to it yet.
    Vonny.

Comment

The only other reference so far is: School House, 11, The Crest, Hendon, London, NW4 2HN
      Vonny

Comment

It could be.

I'm also wondering if it could be a school house or something similar -maybe attached to a school that had closed by then? The family lived in Brent Street before the war and searching around, it seems that the area in Hendon called the Crest is right off Brent Street.

Thanks!

Comment

Did some trawling with a fresher brain this morning. It was what Christchurch School was sometimes called.

Thanks again for your help.

Comment

crest was a school

Originally posted by Felix View Post
            Hi

Could anyone please tell me anything about the Crest School, Hendon? I have it mentioned on a document from 1944.

ETA: could it rather be the name of a residental address?

Cheers.
            It was a school. My mother attended for two years, about 1931-1933. She was about ages 4-6. She does not recall the address but she did keep the badge from her jacket (a yellow escutcheon with a green crescent inside it with "Crest School" written below).

Comment

Oh wow, thanks.

My relatives were just post-war - 5 and 6 years old.

Comment

Working...
              X