New on Ancestry today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New on Ancestry today

through Bedfordshire and Luton Archives. Bedfordshire Gaol Records 1770 to 1882

I haven't got anyone there but they are very interesting and detailed

Linda

Is this the same database that is available on the Bedfordshire archives website I wonder? http://apps.bedfordshire.gov.uk/grd/ In which case those without an Ancestry sub can access it for free.

Update - yes I arrived at the same record by both routes. Perhaps someone without an Ancestry sub can tell me - are they charging for this or is it a freeby?
    Last edited by JudithM; 23-10-13, 11:36.
    Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Originally posted by JudithM View Post
      Is this the same database that is available on the Bedfordshire archives website I wonder? http://apps.bedfordshire.gov.uk/grd/ In which case those without an Ancestry sub can access it for free.

Update - yes I arrived at the same record by both routes. Perhaps someone without an Ancestry sub can tell me - are they charging for this or is it a freeby?
      They just divert you back to the Bedfordshire resource.

This character seems to have started a life of crime very early!

Christine

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Sure does sound a tad young to be on the treadmill...!!

Ian

Comment

They're not charging ... an explanation is here:

Caroline
          Caroline's Family History Pages
          Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

I shall have a word with my local councillor immediately! I don't want the hoi polloi having access to Bedfordshire records on my Council Tax.
            Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Working...
            X