is it ruined ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it ruined ?

my 4 year old grandaughter knocked this laptop on to the floor yesterday ...couldn`t get it to turn on at all....I remember reading to try removing the battery and plugging in the power lead...so ...it IS working but every time I try it with the battery in ...it won`t turn on ....can someone tell me why please ?
    cheers
    allan
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

wonder if the connection to the battery has been loosened a bit ,have you googled the problem ? lots of people seem to have dropped their laptops.

Comment

May be that the battery connection to the motherboard has broken. Probably best to take it in for repair.
      Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

one site says carefully open it and see if there are any loose connections?

Comment

It is likely that the jolt has damaged the battery internally causing a short circuit.

If the battery was ok (or open circuit) the laptop would turn on when plugged into the mains.
          Cheers
          Guy
          Guy passed away October 2022

Comment

thank you all.....I will soldier on without the battery for now ...
            cheers
            allan
            Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
            oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
            adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
            merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
            coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

An elderly friend of mine pulled her laptop off the table onto the floor and it was broken. She talked to her insurance agent and was able to claim off her household contents insurance. She was able to buy a new laptop as a result of her claim. Just depends upon what type of cover you have. Just a thought.

Hope things work out OK
              Last edited by Linda from Murton; 28-10-13, 16:11.
              Linda - Happy Hunting

A tidy house is the sign of a broken computer

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

Comment

Working...
              X