Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Desperate help to find Nanna's brother's.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desperate help to find Nanna's brother's.

It has been decided that the names of Nanna's brother's will be included in the funeral but we don't really know what they are. I've only found one and that might not be him.

Charles Frederick Peacock married Marjorie Bailey.

Elsie- 1939-2013
    Daughter 2- 1946

Raymond-end of 1940's.

The area is Stockton and both of the boys died as toddlers.

Charles and Marjorie died in 1979 and 1972.

Thanks ever so much to those that help.
    Last edited by lennon2011; 20-10-13, 16:33.
    Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

Thomas E Peacock

Born Stockton in September quarter of 1936.
    Death registered in Stockton in June quarter 1938

Comment

Thomas is the name of Charles Dad but it's not really matching the name that Nanna seemed to think it may have been, I will keep that name in consideration though. Thank you Felix.

I only mentioned Raymond as Daughter 2 named her son that after him.

Comment

Originally posted by Felix View Post
        Thomas E Peacock

Born Stockton in September quarter of 1936.
        Death registered in Stockton in June quarter 1938
        Odd that that death seems to be for a child aged 0. Looking at the image for the death index, that's correct. I find myslef wondering whether it should be 2: written in curly script, it can look very similar to zero.

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

There's a death for a Raymond, aged 0 in 1949q1 in the same area.

My suggestion - which could probably only be verified by checking the relevant certificates - is that Thomas was the one that died as a toddler (very possibly through that heartbreaking story about the pan accident) and that Raymond died as a baby in some other way.

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I'll still hold on Thomas until I have some form on confirmation from Daughter 2.

Thanks for the help Christine. At least I was right about one of them. I'm hoping that Nanna actually wrote in her family history book. I'll check when I find it.

Comment

from what you have been told above i have looked on stockton roots and there are 2 burials both in Durham road cemetery
              PEACOCK THOMAS EDWIN Durham Road 03/05/1938 aged 1
              PEACOCK RAYMOND Durham Road 16/03/1949 Less than 1 year old
              hope this helps.
              Angelina

Comment

Originally posted by angelina View Post
                from what you have been told above i have looked on stockton roots and there are 2 burials both in Durham road cemetery
                PEACOCK THOMAS EDWIN Durham Road 03/05/1938 aged 1
                PEACOCK RAYMOND Durham Road 16/03/1949 Less than 1 year old
                hope this helps.
                That certainly looks as if it matches up those two records with the ones I found.

I wonder if there's anything in any of the contemporary local papers about either of them.

Christine
                Last edited by Christine in Herts; 20-10-13, 20:27.

Comment

Working...
                X