FMP correction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMP correction

Am amazed out of I dont know how many transcription errors I have reported ,had an email from FMP to say one I had reported just this week has been corrected, does that mean none of the others have ?

Or perhaps they have only just started to acknowledge them Val?
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

we will see Chrissie

Comment

Mine have always been acknowledged (and corrected too). Generally for poor transcriptions of Lewcock ... probably made by people who do not know the name. They are quicker in responding than they used to be.
        Caroline
        Caroline's Family History Pages
        Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Really Caroline mine never have before ? mind you this one was really bad

Comment

You usually get an instant acknowledgement, then later you get either a yes we agree and will amend or a no we don't agree and it will stay as it is notification.
            Are you sure your past messages went? Did you get the receipt thereof reply?

Jay
            Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

I have always got the instant automatic message they send Janet but thats it I never hear anymore ?

Comment

I find their correction service very prompt. I must have put in well over 100 corrections over the years.
                Elizabeth
                Research Interests:
                England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
                Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

I have to say that FMP have always acknowledged my corrections promptly, not only with the automatic message but also within a few days to say whether thay have accepted my corrections or not which must be over 100 by now! They have corrected most of them, and only refused to correct about three of them.

Janet

Comment

thats odd then ? maybe they aren't receiving them

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                      thats odd then ? maybe they aren't receiving them
                      Could they have got diverted to spam?

C
                      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

dont think so Christine as I always check my spam box before it deletes, maybe I'm not clicking on something I should be when reporting them .

Comment

Val, I must admit to being rather mystified. Yesterday evening I submitted a correction to the 1861 Census as the surname was transcribed as "Brusey" instead of "Emery". FMP immediately acknowledged my correction at 21.42. I have just switched on my computer this morning and I had a second e-mail from them sent at 6.22 am that tells me they accept my correction and are making the change. This is representative of the fast turn-around I receive for corrections.

You could e-mail them to ask whether they are sending the replies through to the correct e-mail address?
                          Elizabeth
                          Research Interests:
                          England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
                          Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

thanks Elizabeth sounds like there is some problem with them? but then I do get emails about new records and such like okay ?

Comment

Working...
                            X