Find My Past Blog - Ask the expert – mystery WWII death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Find My Past Blog - Ask the expert – mystery WWII death

Our resident military expert Paul Nixon, pictured below, is back this month to help you solve your military family history mysteries.
    From Edward Shears:
    ‘My uncle Albert George Shears is buried in a War Graves Commission grave in Plymouth. I can’t find any details of why or where he died during WWII. He apparently died in an explosion in Scotland near Inverness. The WGC say they know nothing and his old unit say the same. Where can I go next?’
    Paul says:

‘I searched the Commonwealth War Graves Commission site and couldn’t find the grave to which you refer. Nevertheless, if you have the details from the grave you should contact the Ministry of Defence which still holds WW2 service records. This web page should help: www.gov.uk/requests-for-personal-data-and-service-records
    If you’d like to send your question to our experts, please register or opt to receive newsletters in My Account. Unfortunately our experts only have time to answer a few queries each month. If yours wasn’t answered this time, you could be lucky next month!

More...

Please note: This post has originated from a news feed from an external website.
    Family Tree Forum neither endorses nor is responsible for the views of the author or any other content.
Working...
X