Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warning to anyone researching around Castle Donington (near E Mids Airport)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning to anyone researching around Castle Donington (near E Mids Airport)

I've been looking for Bradleys & Ashers around this area & Julie (Darksecretz) found a whole nest of them in Breedon on the Hill, Leics. I also came across a Bacon at one of theiir weddings. Researching into them, I found the birthplace Donington kept cropping up & I ( & others) assumed this to be today's nearby Castle Donington. However it has become clear that, with quite a few, Donington in Lincs is meant. Quite how far these connections went, I don't know, but it's something to be kept in mind. Now all I've got to do is sort out the Leics families from the Lincs families !

Not sure where I should post this...please shift it Mods if appropriate

The Lincs one's full name is Donington on Bain, I think.
    Anne
    Edit: Oooops I've just checked with my OS maps and there's a total of 7 Doningtons!
    Castle Donington, LEI
    Donington Eaudike, LIN
    Donington le Heath, LEI
    Donington on Bain, LIN
    Donington South Ing, LIN
    Donington, LIN (a completely different place to D on Bain)
    Donington, Shropshire
    Last edited by Anne in Carlisle; 17-10-13, 07:47.

Comment

It looks like the right place to me Grey. Unless a more experienced moderator thinks there is somewhere this information should go, in the reference library or something.
      Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Thanks, Chrissie. Good grief, Anne ! All I've got is Donington & then Lincs....I thought the only one was Donington in Holland, Lincs (I assume this is Donington LIN). Please don't do my head in by telling me there could be some from Shropshire, too !

Never knew people from Lincolnshire could be so devious (suppose it's all that poaching......)

Comment

LOL

Comment

lol!! it IS confusing Grey, but I am really confident that you can sort it out! I guess it all depends too on just how far the Doningtons are from one another!

and if/when you can get to see any settlement records then that may help clear up...

Anne, I am SO glad I don't live in any of those Doningtons!
            Julie
            They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Never knew people from Lincolnshire could be so devious (suppose it's all that poaching......)[/QUOTE]

There is also a Dunnington (sometimes spelt Dunington) in Lincolnshire (near Spilsby I think).

Sue .............I was born in Lincs and I have only ever poached an egg .........honest!

Comment

OK then, Sue....who was the egg's real owner ?

Better keep quiet....might hail from Lincs

Comment

Under the "Code of Criminals" I cannot possibly divulge that information other than the fact it may have been a chicken.

Sue

Comment

Working...
                  X