medals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• medals

Hiya all again its been a while since I asked for your help,i am hoping someone can give me information on my wifes uncle,she is trying to find what if any medals he would of had,his name was Arnold Aspin,sapper,number 3660408,he was in the royal engineers,died 1943,he is listed on the memorial at Brookwood, Ron

Hi Ron,
    I don't think there is any online (or offline) medal list for WW2.
    Service personnel were not contacted individually about medal entitlement- they were invited to apply for their medals if they so wished. It was before the era of mass TV ownership and notices were placed in the national newspapers. As I can remember my father sending off for his and receiving them, I would guess 1950 or afterwards??
    I've just looked at them and there is no postage date on the brown cardboard box they were delivered in, nor on the paperwork inside the package.

Jay
    Last edited by Janet in Yorkshire; 12-10-13, 23:10.
    Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

This is the site I used when I applied for my father's WW2 medals. https://www.gov.uk/the-ministry-of-defence-medal-office I claimed them as next of kin. I think it took about 6 weeks before I recieved them.
      Vonny.

Comment

Working...
      X