Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i know so much but cant get past the need to know more CAN YOU HELP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i know so much but cant get past the need to know more CAN YOU HELP?

ok so this lady is very important in my tree she is my great great grandma. FANNY ISABELLA HOWETT
    BORN SEPT 1863 ISLINGTON
    BAPTISED 1864

mother FANNY ISABELLA SMITH (BORN ROMFORD ESSEX)
    FATHER THOMAS HOWETT. (BORN IN ISLINGTON)

FANNY ISABELLA HOWETT MARRIED DANIEL CANNON 1886
    she shows up in the 1911 census as being married to henry endersby for 12 years which makes marriage around 1900s.
    can not find a marriage to fit. (all evidence points to the fact there was not a marriage) ALTHOUGH SHE USED THE NAME ENDERSBY.
    finally fanny isabella endersby married robert ezra 1916.
    she lived her life in islington mainley finsbury park area 55 pooles park.
    robert ezra was named as respondent on her death certificate she died 1949 east finchley.
    as you can tell i am not after certificate information or census information i would very much like to see a photo of this fine lady who brought up my grandma. i would like to hear about what kind of person she was.
    my grandma has dimentia so my information is limited. i would love someone to come forward and give me some help..
    as this lady was born 1863 and died 1949 i know the ammount of people that could of known her will be limited as alot will have passed over but surely somebody knew this lady.
    FANNY FOUR NAMES AS I CALL HER... FANNY ISABELLA HOWETT
    FANNY ISABELLA CANNON
    FANNY ISABELLA ENDERSBY
    FANNY ISABELLA EZRA

DID YOU ATTEND HER FUNERAL~? EAST FINCHLEY IN 1949.....

ANY HELP WOULD BE VERY MUCH LOVED :-)

Have you tried looking for a newspaper obituary.
    Often in these days they would list people who attended the funeral. (I had this with a few relatives and itwas a great source of info eg married names of the daughters)
    However, this may have been more common in less populated areas than in a big city like London??? Worth a look.
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

thanks how do i go about doing that? x

Comment

You could try a library local to the area where she died.
        Many libraries hold newspaper archives.
        Find my past has some newspaper archives but nothing jumped out at me when I had a quick look.
        herky
        Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

ok thanks for looking. i live in west yorkshire and she died in london so im limited to internet sources. i will go down the newspaper route next and see if i can find anything.x

Comment

somebody on Ancestry has a Fanny Isabella Howlett marrying Henry Endersby in Islington Jun quarter of 1892 1B 399,
            but the women on that regstration are a Emma Bowley and a Mary Ann Rydon
            Last edited by Guest; 07-10-13, 22:37.

Comment

i have found that alot of people on ancestry claim to have citations for fannys marriage i nearly ordered the certificate till i realised it wasnt fannys marriage.
              i am also almost sure i eliminated the henry endersby that married mary ann rydon as not being my henry endersby.x

Comment

Fanny is with Henry in 1901 isn't she ? did Daniel Cannon die before then ?

Comment

FreeBMD....Death - Daniel Cannon... Hampstead 1a 450 Q4 1897

Comment

yes i think he did.x

Comment

Think Finchley would be under Barnet so this may be useful

If you entered a web address please check it was correct. You can also search barnet.gov.uk or browse from the homepage to find the information you need. It could be a temporary problem or may have been removed as part of our recent web re-design. 

Comment

Working...
                      X