Where does she fit in ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where does she fit in ?

I'm trying to find out if this woman was married &, if so, what her surname before marriage was.

Here is her death:

Elizabeth Asher 1 July 1826, aged 24, Leicester All Saints

There are 2 other deaths for Elizabeth Ashers at Leicester All Saints....8 Sept 1816, aged 35 & 31 July 1842, also aged 35.

I've had a look at the births & the only one I can't find ( with a birth date in line with the EA I'm interested in) on a later census is

Elizabeth Asher, born 24 Feb 1800, baptised 3 March 1800 St Mary's, Leicester.

Any help for a numpty appreciated
    Last edited by greyingrey; 07-10-13, 19:25.

According to Familysearch an Elizabeth Waldram married a George Asher in St Margarets in 1818, According to my baptism disc, George and Elizabeth did not have any children baptized in Leicester. This could be a possibility. However I cannot find a baptism for an Elizabeth Waldram in Leicester that matches yet.

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/NNMF-P3F
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

Thanks a lot, Linda. Elizabeth Waldram may not have been from Leics....a lot of people (including my own gggg grandmother) were, for example, coming from Northants to work in Leicester at this time. I'm really looking at this Elizabeth Asher, thinking that she'll probably be someone to eliminate. I'm looking for an Elizabeth Bradley who had her first baby (in Nottingham) around 1820 & was either married to a Mr Asher or known as Mrs Asher. I think she came from Leics, originally. She died/disappeared before the first census. We've done all we can looking for her death in Notts, so I thought I'd try Leics.

We haven't been able to find a marriage for an Eliz Bradley & a Mr Asher yet
      Last edited by greyingrey; 07-10-13, 19:52.

Comment

Do you have details of possible Elizabeth Bradleys from Leicester - the only one I can see who would fit that time period would be E.B. baptised 19 Feb 1792, St Nicholas, Leicester, parents William and Anne
        Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

Working...
        X