FMP Newspaper reports how to copy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMP Newspaper reports how to copy

Is there a way to either save them scan them or print them in such a way you can actually read them?
    I am trying to scan a quite large report and if I enlarge the print so I can read it before doing so I can only scan the part that shows on my screen, so having to do it in lots of parts.
    Thanks

you can download the entire page there is a download link above the window onto the page.

[added] I am assuming you are talking about the British Newspaper Archive
    Last edited by DavidNewton; 07-10-13, 12:13.

Comment

thanks David but then the writing is so small I cannot read it

Comment

copy.jpgthis is what I end up with

Comment

If you choose to download, it will be a pdf, and should be easy to read.

scuda
          Pitman / Pittman in North Glos (Didbrook, Prestbury, Longhope, Tewkesbury, Stow, Cirencester, etc), London & Australia

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
            thanks David but then the writing is so small I cannot read it
            You should get a file that you can "blow up" very easily, because it should be a high quality pdf or jpeg.

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

thanks Christine but not sure how to do that, is there a way of just downloading that column and not the whole page ???

Comment

I must admit that, when I've downloaded newspaper images from FMP, I haven't actually isolated the part of the page that relates to the family member in question. I should probably get my OH to remind me how to screen-grab the bit I want... that means to get an image of just the relevant bit of the screen.

Christine
                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                  thanks Christine but not sure how to do that, is there a way of just downloading that column and not the whole page ???
                  If you have Windows 7 or 8 you can use the snipping tool to outline the section you want. You then have the option to save as a JPEG, which is what I tend to do. I think there are options for other formats too but I can't remember what they might be.
                  More info re snipping tool here:
                  Find help and how-to articles for Windows operating systems. Get support for Windows and learn about installation, updates, privacy, security and more.

and here:
                  Find help and how-to articles for Windows operating systems. Get support for Windows and learn about installation, updates, privacy, security and more.

Christine
                  Last edited by Karamazov; 07-10-13, 22:30.
                  Researching:
                  HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Thanks the two Christines
                    I have Vista
                    I do have the snipping tool which is what I usually do but this article fills a whole column from the top of the page to the bottom ,and the snipping tool only captures the actual bit in focus if you get what I mean? I did try doing it in sections but its so awkward.

Comment

Just an idea, probably crazy, and probably not easy to do unless you have a laptop which you can turn sideways. I guess that your screen resolution is wider than it is tall why don't you temporarily switch the monitor to portrait to get a longer strip of the newspaper to clip?

Comment

The way I copy articles from the page is to click on "Download image" above the page. This brings up a pdf file of the whole page.
                        I then drag my mouse over the article I want to highlight it and click Ctrl C to copy it.
                        I open a blank word document and click Ctrl V to paste the article. This can then be resized just like any picture which has been pasted into a document.
                        (I copy and paste the heading from the top of the page as well so I have a record of the source.)
                        Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

thanks Both will see what I can do

Comment

Working...
                          X