Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record Office: Gloucestershire Record Office

Hi,

Would anybody be visiting Gloucester Record Office that could do a quick look up for me?

I am after the details for a marriage that happened on the 29th September 1787 at Weston Subedge. The people involved were William Freeman & Sarah Gold.
    From index's online it looks like William Freeman came from a place called Bidford, but it does not tell me what county Bidford was in (I am hoping Warwickshire).

Many thanks,
    Tippin
    Families Intrested in
    Archer (DBY), Bannister (SFK/STS), Br(o/a)mley (DBY), Darrall (SAL/WAR), Florence (STS), Freeman (WAR), Grimsdell (BKM/STS), Knight (WAR), Sheldrake (SKF), Simpson (LND/STS), Smith (SFK/WAR/WOR), Tatham (LND), Tippin(s) (HEF/WAR), Wagstaff (DBY/NTT), Whitefoot (SAL/WAR)

Just Googled and there is a Bidford on Avon in Warwickshire.

Hopefully, this is the answer you are wanting!

Lesley.

Comment

Hi Lesley,

That is what I am hoping for (my Freeman ancester's were from Bidford on Avon), but due to the lake of "on Avon" to the placename, I am unsure if there could be another Bidford in the area (I can't find anything on current maps, but that does not mean to say that is was a small hamlet somewere).

I just can't justify paying the travel fair to get to Gloucester if it turns out that the Bidford in question was in Northamptonshire or somewhere similar! (Although I am 99% certain it will read Warwickshire).

Thanks,
      Tippin
      Last edited by Tippin; 07-10-13, 14:31.
      Families Intrested in
      Archer (DBY), Bannister (SFK/STS), Br(o/a)mley (DBY), Darrall (SAL/WAR), Florence (STS), Freeman (WAR), Grimsdell (BKM/STS), Knight (WAR), Sheldrake (SKF), Simpson (LND/STS), Smith (SFK/WAR/WOR), Tatham (LND), Tippin(s) (HEF/WAR), Wagstaff (DBY/NTT), Whitefoot (SAL/WAR)

Comment

I just can't justify paying the travel fair to get to Gloucester if it turns out that the Bidford in question was in Northamptonshire or somewhere similar! (Although I am 99% certain it will read Warwickshire).
        I suspect the register won't mention a county. Bidford was so close to Weston Subedge (less than 10 miles away), that I think it would have been known, and no more exact details given.

scuda
        Pitman / Pittman in North Glos (Didbrook, Prestbury, Longhope, Tewkesbury, Stow, Cirencester, etc), London & Australia

Comment

familysearch appears to have bidford-on-avon indexed online. You can use the archer software to sort out what you want

You can request the film to your nearest Family History Centre, or request the free lookup service from familysearch.
          Last edited by PhotoFamily; 08-10-13, 15:51.

Comment

Working...
          X