Pike Family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pike Family

For months I have been searching for info on Daniel Pike's parents..Daniel was born in St. Mary's, NL, in 1862 and died in 1916 in Point May, NL, Canada...He was married to Margaret O'Rourke, daughter of John O'rourke and Margaret Fewer.....Please help.....

Hi Tree_Dweller and welcome to the forums.

Firstly allow me to try and work out your abbreviations as we here in the UK are unfamiliar with Canadian places; does NL stand for Newfoundland?

Secondly, how do you know he was born in NL? Where is St Mary's, is it a town or parish? If you have any other relevant info please post, ie census returns you've found him on, or any other records which state he was born in NL.
    Last edited by Guest; 06-10-13, 02:11.

Comment

I can't help at the moment as Ancestry are having 'problems' again!!
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

what on earth is up with Ancestry again ? its asking me to sign in something I never have to do

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
          what on earth is up with Ancestry again ? its asking me to sign in something I never have to do
          they are having issues again, there is a note on their facebook page... :(
          Last edited by Darksecretz; 07-10-13, 13:52.
          Julie

Comment

Tree dweller,

do you know when/where he married Margaret at all?
            Julie

Comment

I have found 1871 census with a daniel pike and his father is also a Daniel, though this family seem to have been in/around new Brunswick and originated from england

1871: http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...&rhSource=8826
              Source Citation: Year: 1871; Census Place: Southampton, York, New Brunswick; Roll: C-10382; Page: 56; Family No: 190.
              Julie

Comment

I did search for a Daniel on Canadian census, also searched for Margaret but nothing jumped out at me. A little more info (if kbown) would perhaps help, Tree Dweller do you know the names and years born of any children Daniel and Margaret had? I notice a few Pike's born Newfoundland were on various U.S census returns, also some on border crossings lists. Incidentally, was Daniel a fisherman? Any extra info you have will help, any idea of Margaret's year of birth?
                Last edited by Guest; 07-10-13, 14:14.

Comment

Could this be Daniel's son, married to Violet. http://interactive.ancestry.co.uk/62...l=ReturnRecord

Comment

not sure we can go anywhere at all susan until Tree Dweller comes back to us :(
                    Julie

Comment

Have to agree, Julie.

Comment

Originally posted by Tree_Dweller View Post
                        For months I have been searching for info on Daniel Pike's parents..Daniel was born in St. Mary's, NL, in 1862 and died in 1916 in Point May, NL, Canada...He was married to Margaret O'Rourke, daughter of John O'rourke and Margaret Fewer.....Please help.....
                        How certain are you of your dates? I've found a baptism for a Pat Jos Pike which took place at St Mary's Catholic Church 6th Jan 1874, parents names: Daniel Pike and Margaret Rourke

Also, two other children baptised same Church, same parents. Bridget Ann Pike 30th Nov 1879. Robert Jos 17th Jun 1883
                        Last edited by Guest; 07-10-13, 21:42.

Comment

Hi there, I am new to this site. I have read your post regarding Daniel Pike and Margaret O'Rourke, they were my great grandparents. Their daughter Bridget Pike was my grandmother (married Michael Hennebury in Point May, Newfoundland). I think the birth date you have for Daniel Pike might be wrong as Margaret Pike died in Riverhead, Newfoundland on Feb. 14, 1913 at the age of 78 years old and Daniel died in Point May in 1916. This would mean that Margaret was born in 1835 and would make an age difference of 27 years older than Daniel ( which is possible). My grandmother (Bridget Pike) lived with my mom and dad for a lot of years in Halifax, NS, as her husband died at a fairly young age. I am sure that she had siblings born as early as 1859. If my info is correct, I do have the names and dates of birth of her sister and brothers. They were all born in Riverhead, Newfoundland. If you get this message, looking forward to hearing from you on this. Also would like to know if we are related?

Comment

Working...
                          X