Ancestry 'hint' proved useful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry 'hint' proved useful

I'm quite wary of Ancestry's hints. A number lead either to records which are trying to persuade you to upgrade your sub, or to records which are irrelevant, but this time I found the 1779 birth registration (sic) of my Gx3-grandmother, Rhoda Weston, in Arnesby, Leics, along with lots of her siblings who were similarly registered in the books of the local Baptist ("Protestant Dissenting") Chapel. Because of the nature of the record, they tend to give both parents' names - with Rhoda's mother - also Rhoda - described as the daughter of James BINGLEY of Wigston, Leics. So I have another surname to add to my tree!

Christine
    Last edited by Christine in Herts; 04-10-13, 18:27. Reason: correcting relationship description
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

And, by passing on news of this update to a 3rd cousin once removed in my paternal tree, with whom I first made contact about 4 years ago, I have discovered that they run a pub just up the road from where my elder son now lives!

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Ooh well done. Good when the hint comes up trumps. I have almost given up on them as they never lead me anywhere, but it looks as though I shall have to keep looking and you never know when.........!

Janet

Comment

That IS good news Christine, though I do have in the region of 233 'hints'!!

I will get around to having a look at them at some point, just don't know when
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Excellent stuff!

Amanda

Comment

Working...
          X