FTM 2011 - Linking Photograph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM 2011 - Linking Photograph

Not sure what I am doing wrong. I have two photographs in Media linked to one person. I would like the first photograph to show in his details instead of the cameo. Everyone else in media is correctly linked and show.

How do I get Arthur's photograph to show next to his main details please.
    Linda - Happy Hunting

A tidy house is the sign of a broken computer

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

Just a quick question. Have you set the photo that you want as the preferred photo?

Comment

Thank you for responding. No - how do I do that please?
      Last edited by Linda from Murton; 03-10-13, 11:25.
      Linda - Happy Hunting

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

Comment

Found how to do that. Isn't it so easy when you know how. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.
        Linda - Happy Hunting

Comment

No problem, glad it helped.

Comment

I should be shot. Yes I found out how to set a photo as the preferred photo. But what I should have done was to set out how I did it. Not just to help others do the same, but so that when I have to do it again and cannot remember how, the details would have been written out.

Will now try and find out how I did it and when I do shall come back and tell you all how I did it. Duh.
            Linda - Happy Hunting

Comment

Havent found out how to make a preferred picture but have found how to add a photograph next to someone's name. Under People, highlight the name of the person from the list of family members, then right click on the cameo at the top right hand side. If you have already got this person in your media files click on link to existing picture. Bingo. I know it sounds simple and it is when you know how to do it. At least I have a reference point so that in a month or so time when I want to do this again, I have notes on how to do it.

Happy days.:o
              Linda - Happy Hunting

Comment

Hi Linda

From the People screen select your person and then go to Person View. At the bottom pick the Person-Media Tab. That should show you yhe thumbnails of the media attached to the person. The preferred one is the first in the list. If you want to change that select the thumbnail you want to be preferred. In the shortcut bar just under the Media Tab you should see a small pair of direction triangles show up. Use them to move the media in the list. You can also add new media via this tab or by clicking the thumbnail (or icon if no media yet added) under the person's name on the right hand side.

David

Added in Edit. I'm not convinced that this method works consistently! I don't have anybody with more thn one photo so I added a random photo to a name and it came up as preferred and I then used the above method to change back to my original. But it does not seem to be 'sticky'.

I ended up doing a different procedure.

Unlink the photo I wanted to be preferred (making sure it is not sent to the Recycle bin) Then relink it (it is still in the media folder) and it now becomes preferred. (Apparently! for how long?)(
                Last edited by DavidNewton; 14-12-13, 08:15.

Comment

Hello David,

Many thanks for responding re preferred person. I have a few people with more than one photo so shall give it a go changing the preferred picture. We now have notes for future reference on how to handle photos.

Dont you just love computers and software.

Kind regards
                  Linda - Happy Hunting

Comment

Working...
                  X