Giving permission to view Ancestry Tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giving permission to view Ancestry Tree

Is there a delay between sending somebody an invite to view your tree on Ancestry? as yesterday I sent 3 to the same man using his email which did not arrive, then 2 using his Ancestry user name and they have not arrived yet either ??

I had similar problem Val but it was my fault because I'd missed a letter from the e-mail address..............it went thru fine after that and Ancestry said they had looked at the Tree.
    From my little experience sending messages on Ancestry I have to say it depends how often the other party signs on to it.

Comment

Thanks Alan have checked and its the right user name, email may have been wrong , and he was online all evening trying to get my invite so dont know why it did not work.

Comment

maybe he has more than one email account?
        Angelina

Comment

Has he changed his connection preferences on Ancestry to "Do not allow other members to contact me"? He wouldn't get anything on Ancestry from you then.
          Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

thanks Angelina but I used the one he gave me, now Linda I hadn't thought of that will see thanks

Comment

There are lots of problems with Ancestry right now. The problems have been ongoing for over two months now. The person you are sending the invitation...tell them to check their spam/junk folder, too.
              Sharon

Brown, Rush, Day, Carstedt

Comment

I invited one of my Australian relatives to my Ancestry tree on Wednesday and that went through with no problems. I used her email address.

Ian

Comment

Thanks Sharon I have been having all sorts of problems on there too, and Ian hadn't thought of that thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X