burials and graves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• burials and graves

hi there may seem a little morbid but after much research including death marriages births and census records.
    i would now like to find out more about where family members are buried? shared graves? and names of my family members who share a grave..
    i dont know whether this is possible but lots of people seem to have grave photos and details. any additional information can really help me move on within my tree.

would love some help if anyone can?
    thanks in advance

Deceased Online is quite a good place to start

Linda

Comment

A few years ago I discovered a death of a baby sibling many years before and needed to know more so I got the cert, then phoned Liverpool Anfield Cemetery giving them the date and name and stuff, they sent me the details of the grave number, and the burial numbers of people in the grave and a map of how to find the burial plot with no headstone.
      I went to Liverpool records office and saw the burial books and discovered who were buried in the grave with the baby and who was the owner of the grave and this answered lot of my questions and the address of the grave owner at the time.
      When I went to the cemetery to find the grave I called into the office to thank them personally and they took me to the grave.

Not all research is this easy as some charge and some don't help at all. Finding where the burial was may be difficult too,

Edna

Comment

Originally posted by jammin208 View Post
        hi there may seem a little morbid but after much research including death marriages births and census records.
        i would now like to find out more about where family members are buried? shared graves? and names of my family members who share a grave..
        i dont know whether this is possible but lots of people seem to have grave photos and details. any additional information can really help me move on within my tree.

would love some help if anyone can?
        thanks in advance
        Once you know when and when people died you can start finding where buried - this is the final piece in the jigsaw and not at all morbid. Look for cemeteries near to where people died and you are sure to find more information.

Margaret

Comment

If you'd like more specific help, post details for a couple of burials you'd like to find and we can have a look. Different counties and parishes can be found at different sites.
          Elizabeth
          Research Interests:
          England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
          Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

I've got burial and cremation info from deceased on line, durham records online, the cemetery offices and the reference section of the main library of place researching all of which have been very helpful.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

NBI3 (National Burial Index) is also a very good source.
              Local family history societies are also a good source of burials.
              FMP has quite a few burials for specific areas.
              Elizabeth
              Research Interests:
              England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
              Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Depending on how recently the death took place, local newspapers may have an announcement of the death and funeral arrangements. These often include details of burial place or cremation.

Jay
                Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

thanks everyone i bought 100 credits on deceased online... i typed a few names and i said grave details for 16 other people i paid to see these records are all these people sharing a grave? if so there was only a couple of names that had relevence to my family. could these people be complete strangers?x

Comment

Working...
                  X