Irish marriage cert forms HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irish marriage cert forms HELP

I am trying to download a form on the Groireland site for a marriage cert says download as a Adobe Acrobat PDF file.
    Have tried on IE and Google the box flashes up but when I try to open it just disappears.
    Could somebody do it for me please, or tell me how.
    Thanks
    http://www.groireland.ie/apply_for_a_cert.htm
    Last edited by Guest; 30-09-13, 23:45.

Hi Val, i'm on my IPad and not had any trouble downloading it.

Last edited by JayG; 01-10-13, 00:53.
    Jay

Comment

I've just clicked on JayG's link and was able to view the form with no trouble. Hope that sorted it for you, Val.

Jay
      Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

They will happily accept an order in a letter. So if you can’t download the form, just put the information into an old fashioned letter and post/fax it to them.

If you are content to have just a photocopy, make that clear, as it’s a lot cheaper (€4 instead of €20 for a formal cert).
        Elwyn

I am based in Co. Antrim and undertake research in Northern Ireland. Please feel free to contact me for help or advice via PM.

Comment

same thing happens on your link Jay no matter if I try to save or open it a box then flashes up and goes ,then my download page opens but the file will not open ??
          When I try to save it the only option I get is DOC file or all files?? HELP
          Last edited by Guest; 01-10-13, 19:13.

Comment

Thing is Elwyn I dont know if I have enough info to order it like that?

Comment

What they need is the type of event (ie B, D or M), place where the event was registered, date, quarter (if there is one shown), volume and page number. Plus the persons name. You can ignore all the other boxes on the form if you have that information.

The only other thing they need is the payment information.
              Elwyn

I am based in Co. Antrim and undertake research in Northern Ireland. Please feel free to contact me for help or advice via PM.

Comment

thanks Elwyn but how do I pay for it ? by letter ?

Comment

The application form that you are trying to download asks for your debit/credit card details on it. So just put that exact same information in the letter. Credit card number, expiry date, sec number etc.

Or you can pay cash, if you want. (They will only accept euros). A photocopy is 4 euros. Some people just send a €5 note, and that works fine too, except you won’t get the €1 change.

Or if you send me your e-mail address by pm, I can e-mail you a copy of the marriage application form.
                  Last edited by Elwyn; 02-10-13, 00:17.
                  Elwyn

Comment

thanks Elwyn will have to do it by letter , dont know why the form wont open for me ?

Comment

Working...
                    X