FMP Subscription Confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMP Subscription Confusion

Just had an email to renew my sub....................... £98.95 inc. 10% Loyalty Discount.

Just went to renew and the two packages they offer are

British Foundation Sub World Sub

79.95 159.95
    8.00 - 16.00 -

£70.05 142.05
    _______ _______

So where does my £98.95 come from

Can anyone see???????

ALSO if you have World does that mean you can see all the Irish, Australian records etc. or do you still have to go on FMP Ireland etc.??

Linda
    Last edited by Loopy Linda in La La Land; 30-09-13, 08:29.

Worldwide includes Ireland, USA & Australia.

Linda, I had a similar problem when they were about to renew my sub, only it showed worldwide & then a cheaper option, which was only census & BMDs.

Jay
    Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

If you logout you can see all the options:

Subscribe to Findmypast to explore millions of historical records. Find out more about our different membership options and subscribe to Findmypast today.
      Caroline
      Caroline's Family History Pages
      Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Went through this about a month ago so I clicked the 10% off link in the email and it gives (and still does) 3 options: British Foundation, British Full, and World. The British Full is listed at £109.95 for the year which brings it back to your £98.95 with 10% off.

Comment

Thanks...was just coming on here to say I found a telephone number so I rang them. Apparently my sub is 'Full' which isn't actually listed as an option on the site.

May upgrade to World... having a think about it. Could do 6 months to see if it's worth it

Thanks

Linda

Comment

Originally posted by Loopy Linda in La La Land View Post
            Thanks...was just coming on here to say I found a telephone number so I rang them. Apparently my sub is 'Full' which isn't actually listed as an option on the site.

May upgrade to World... having a think about it. Could do 6 months to see if it's worth it

Thanks

Linda
            It is listed - see above.
            Caroline
            Caroline's Family History Pages
            Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Taken from FMP site by logging into my account

Subscription options

Currency Converter
              Normal price £49.95 £79.95 £69.95 £109.95
              Loyalty Discount £-5.00 £-8.00 £-7.00 £-11.00
              Remaining subscription credit £-1.58 £-1.58 £-1.58 £-1.58
              YOU PAY £43.37 £70.37 £61.37 £97.37
              Buy Buy Buy Buy
              1841 - 1911 census Yes Yes Yes Yes
              Births, marriages & deaths Yes Yes Yes Yes
              Education & work - - Yes Yes
              Institutions & organisations - - Yes Yes
              Land & surveys - - Yes Yes
              Military, armed forces & conflict - - Yes Yes
              Newspapers, directories & social history - - Yes Yes
              Parish records - - Yes Yes
              Travel & migration - - Yes Yes
              All United States records - - - -
              All Australia / New Zealand records - - - -
              All Ireland records - - - -
              Buy Buy Buy Buy
              6 months 12 months 6 months 12 months

World Subscription, according to e mails sent to me where my sub will automatically renew 4 October will be £143.95 which includes a 10% reduction worth around £17.

Linda,

As Janet has already said World includes Ireland/USA and Australia and New Zealand but all is done through the UK site, so you usually start by keying in a name on the UK site and using the box to indicate the country of interest and go from there. Are you renewing through FMP.co.uk or .com? The above is taken from the FMP UK site.

Janet
              Last edited by Janet; 30-09-13, 11:24.

Comment

Thanks Everyone

Linda

Comment

so is it correct the full one does not cover the irish newspaper records ?? and of so how much extra is that for a full year please??

Comment

Val

Full does not cover Ireland, Australia New Zealand or USA as these come under World so the Irish newspapers also come under World.

I presume you can browse through credits but rather costly.

Janet
                    Last edited by Janet; 30-09-13, 18:49.

Comment

Val, If you subscribe to the British Newspaper Archives, I think you can view the Irish newspapers on there as part of your sub (or browse and then buy credits if you wish.)
                      Both sites offer freebies from time to time, so you could always compile a list of what looks interesting and then wait for an offer, or buy a 2 day BNA pass for £6.99 when you think you have up to 100 pages you'd like to read!

Jay
                      Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Val

If you already have full, upgrading to World on FMP will cost you another £46.58, and that would give you access to all the newspapers UK and Ireland and give you access to all the Irish information on FMP.ie. as well. I cannot say I am finding much on FMP.ie at present but more is coming on this site and I am finding the Cork Examiner useful for Cork information!!

Janet
                        Last edited by Janet; 30-09-13, 20:18.

Comment

FMP costs.jpgthanks for that, I already have full access but of course this does not include the irish papers

looked at my account and this is what it says, mine runs out the 16th Dec so is it worth me renewing now would you say?

Comment

Hm I upgraded to World October 4 last year when the sub actually was to run out 6 October but they counted it from 4 not 6 October so upgrading for you now might mean you lose 2 months although I doubt this. I would suggest you give them a buzz/mail and see what they say. They may refund or some such other option, but if you want Irish Newspapers then that might be your best option, so as to be able to use it at your leisure or consider Janet's option of a couple of days of BNA £6.99 and upgrade December. See what FMP come up with before you make a decision.

I would think you would find browsing the Irish records already on there interesting for you. Did none of your Irish ones cross the pond to USA or Australia? A lot of mine did.

Janet

PS Are you sure you are not already World as you appeared to have paid World Price and it says World at the top?
                            Last edited by Janet; 30-09-13, 20:44.

Comment

thats funny the other day it wouldn't let me view them it is now thanks Janet I wouldn't have checked if you hadn't said that

Comment

My FMP World sub seems to come through .com so I presume would be the USA site.

Comment

Originally posted by Harrys mum View Post
                                  My FMP World sub seems to come through .com so I presume would be the USA site.
                                  Not sure how the .com site works perhaps some one else has that answer.

Janet
                                  Last edited by Janet; 30-09-13, 22:39.

Comment

Janet...I was looking around last year for something FMP had. I had never subscribed to them before as I needed Australia, English and Irish. They had an ad for their new World sub for $59 so I took it and then renewed this year at the same price. I does seem to have their entire collection on it as they say.

Comment

Originally posted by Harrys mum View Post
                                      Janet...I was looking around last year for something FMP had. I had never subscribed to them before as I needed Australia, English and Irish. They had an ad for their new World sub for $59 so I took it and then renewed this year at the same price. I does seem to have their entire collection on it as they say.

Interesting, perhaps that needs more investigation through the UK. Mind you, I am not sure how $59 Australian dollars relates to sterling. Yes, I obtained a cheaper deal last year, but more expensive this year!

Janet

Comment

thats £34.11 in UK pounds amazing ,I might email them

Comment

Working...
                                        X