Query on Irish marriage name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query on Irish marriage name

Is it feasible for a Mary Kate Keegan to get married under the name Kathleen Keegan, her sister who was Bridget married under the name Josephine so am thinking maybe its a normal thing to do??
    really want to find her marriage but have sent for two under the name Mary Keegan already and they were wrong.
    Thanks

Hi Val,

I'd say it's definitely possible. Can you give us a little more information so we can take a look. Did she live in UK, when/where was she born, who were her parents?

Comment

Thanks Susan, She lived in Cork so not easy to find out much , have her birth and her in 1901 and 1911 so know of her till 1911 ,also think she was a witness at her sisters wedding in 1920 in Ireland ,am trying to find either her marriage or maybe death ?
      Last edited by Guest; 25-09-13, 22:54.

Comment

If they were RC, a saint's name may have been included in the names given at baptism. So she could have been bp Mary Kathleen, known within the family as Kate and married as Kathleen.

Jay
        Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

thanks very much Janet you have given me hope am going to send for it .

Comment

- oh heck, please don't hold me responsible should it not be the match you're hoping for. Can you add father's name or something as a check?

Jay
            Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

dont worry I wont blame you , but have looked through the 1911 Irish census and there is only one Mary Kate on that census in Cork and no Kathleens ??? so am almost sure its her .

I HOPE

Comment

I did look Val, but didn't find anything which could be considered a most probable.

Best of luck with the cert for Kathleen - I do hope it's the right one.

Comment

thanks Susan I know how hard the Irish records are, would be great if its her as she may take me backwards.

Comment

Working...
                  X