Hall Births at New Lambton, Washington and Penshaw, Co. Durham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hall Births at New Lambton, Washington and Penshaw, Co. Durham

Just discovered that I went wrong ten years ago on a branch of our tree.

I've discovered that Jonathan Hall of Oxclose was baptised on the 16th August 1795 at Holy Trinity Church Washington. It was the reference to Oxclose which made me realize that my original "discovery" of another Jonathan Hall was incorrect. The new Jonathan actually mentioned on the 1871 Census that he was born at Oxclose.

So now I have different parents for Jonathan. He was the son of Thomas and Jane Hall. I've spent hours on trying to track down the marriage of Thomas and Jane. I have found a marriage at Gateshead on 25th December 1783 of Thomas Hall and Jane Wolfe. What makes me think this might be the correct one is the following two baptismal records.

Jane Hall of New Lambton baptized on 10th September 1797 at All Saints Church, Penshaw. Daughter of Thomas Hall by his wife Jane.

Elizabeth Hall of New Lambton born 27th July 1799 and baptized on 6th October 1799 also at All Saints Penshaw. The 5th daughter of Thomas Hall (pitman) by his wife Jane Wolf (native of Gateshead Parish),

I am trying to make the link with Jonathan. New Lambton, Penshaw and Washington are all pretty close to each other.

I would welcome your comments and any further information regarding Thomas and Jane's other children.

Your help is very much appreciated - thank you.
    Linda - Happy Hunting

A tidy house is the sign of a broken computer

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

Looks like its back to trawling through the Bishop's Transcripts for Durham. Done Washington, now half way through Penshaw.;)
    Linda - Happy Hunting

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

Comment

It's quite difficult to offer an opinion when we can't access all the records online.
      Hope the BTs provide you with the answers you're looking for. I found the Norfolk BTs images on familysearch extremely useful, apart from one or two cases where the years in question were MISSING;D
      So fingers crossed that your mission will be successful. Familysearch is now a wonderful treasure trove and a still undervalued resource for viewing images of primary source material.

Jay
      Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Thank you for responding Janet.
        Linda - Happy Hunting

Comment

Working...
        X