Struggling with this signature.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Struggling with this signature.

Can anyone make a stab at the 1st witness to an 1862 Liverpool Marriage.

todays struggle.jpg
    Last edited by AlanC; 19-09-13, 13:35.

Henry Shenggill?? deffo looks like She_ _ _ _ sommat or other.. [not that it helps much either way!]
    Last edited by Darksecretz; 19-09-13, 13:37.
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Hi Julie, I think that 2nd letter could be a 'p' or an 'f'..............

Comment

I don't think I will help much but wondered if it was Sherritt or Sherrill or Sherwitt or Sherwill.

I also wonder if it is an S Hewitt etc
        Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

not having much luck with these signatures are you alan? gosh they are atrocious! it looks like 'shen...itt'

Comment

I see what you mean Alan, I guess that it could be Ske_ _ _ _ _ _ whatever, or SHe, or Spe, I don't know of ANY surnames though that begin Sf
            Julie
            They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Henry J Peverrill

Would be my best guess.
              Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
              Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

That's a very plausible guess Anthony.................I'm going to use it and if History proves you wrong, "gonna blame you" when bad transcription comments arrive

Comment

Originally posted by AntonyM View Post
                  Henry J Peverrill

Would be my best guess.
                  This was my best guess too, other than the middle initial being S rather than J.
                  Researching:
                  HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

The mididle initial could well be an S ... with a page of handwriting you can compare lettering on different entries but with signatures it is often a best "guess".
                    Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
                    Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

Working...
                    X