Help with a death please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with a death please

James Strack 1871 married Rebecca Eliza Dawson, a widow, in Sep Qtr 1918 West Ham. I know she married again in 1932 to Edwin G Harris, Romford Registration district , I am having difficulty in finding the death of James Strack , or maybe they divorced. I have him and Rebecca together on the 1911 although at the time they were not married. I also have him on the 1891 and 1901 census.

Would appreciate a bit of help please?

sunny r
    Last edited by Sunny Rosy; 19-09-13, 12:03. Reason: to add info

how old and where was he born Sunny?
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Born 1871 in Whitechapel, I have no clue as to a death year sorry.

sunny r

Comment

sorry I didn't read that properly.. I see he was b. 1871 in Whitechapel [duh!]

still can't see anything death/burial wise though!
        Julie

Comment

aha! wait a min... I have found a James Strack b. london
          Julie

Comment

Provided he and Rebecca didn't divorce he must have died between 1918- when he married her 1932,when she married edwin G Harris.

sunny r

Comment

Julie his parents were John Strack and Elizabeth, he is with them on the 1901 census.

sunny r

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
                aha! wait a min... I have found a James Strack b. london
                nope, he has been mistrans.. it should be James STRONG and he is an advertising agent, on the Lusitania docking at NYC
                Julie

Comment

LOL Julie

sunny r

Comment

nope, still not seeing anything, even looked in the Ers, but zip/nada/zilch coming up..
                    Julie

Comment

His father was born in Germany, I wonder if James died there? All abit weird really, Rebecca's first husband died in 1910...suspected suicide.

sunny r

Comment

Originally posted by Sunny Rosy View Post
                        His father was born in Germany, I wonder if James died there? All abit weird really, Rebecca's first husband died in 1910...suspected suicide.

sunny r
                        ooher.. thats rather odd isn't it.. I have seen 'some' German Stracks but I can't pinpoint anything for a James, I do see his school admissions, and the census for him up to 1911 then nowt!!..
                        Julie

Comment

Julie I have found a death for a James Shack 1870-1931 West Ham, I found him with his parents on the 1871 also as Shack although the actual image looks like Strack to me, this is his parents as John was born in Prussia. Do you reckon this is my James?

sunny x

Comment

Rosy,

if you post the link to the 1881 on here I'll have a look for you xx
                            Julie

Comment

I can see the 1871 index but the image won't load grr, but it does look very promising re the death as well. [i'd say it is him] though obviously you would need the d/cert and also her m/cert from 1932.
                              Julie

Comment

Thanks Julie, I have ordered Rebecca Eliza's first marriage cert to Joseph Dawson who died in I think 1907, (not 1910 as first thought) I will send for the two certs you suggested after my hols, if I ordered them now they would come while I'm away and I would spend the whole hols thinking about them.

sunny r

Comment

There is no birth for James Shack and I have looked at the 1871 and your James Strack age and birth area both fit with that 1871 census Sunny.
                                  Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

I know what you mean.. though it would be nice to get back and have them sitting on the doormat :smilee: I have just this moment got to look at the image for 1871, and I think that you are right, it does say Strack. great detective work there Rosy! [you can tell that I am full of a cold, I just haven't been able to concentrate much over the last few days] :(
                                    Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
                                      There is no birth for James Shack and I have looked at the 1871 and your James Strack age and birth area both fit with that 1871 census Sunny.
                                      Thanks Chrissie.
                                      sunny x

Comment

Working...
                                      X