X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry..

anyone else having 'issues' with it, I get the page is temp unavailable :(
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Me too
    Robert

Comment

Yesterday there was a sign up saying that they were updating (or something) and were sorry for any inconvenience caused. I did manage to get everything I wanted though.
      I suspect, from the message on the new search saying that they are incorporating some old search features into the new one that they are trying (yet again) to get rid of the old search. You can still get it at the moment though.

This is the message at the top of the old search page -
      Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 19-09-13, 11:03.
      Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Seems to be back now
        Robert

Comment

Yes, I can't see a problem message this morning and it's working ok for me Julie.

Comment

yep, I'm back in now, Thanks Robert & Chrissie
            Julie

Comment

Ancestry seem to be having an emormous problem at the moment ..................just went on line - 8 years worth of uploaded pictures have ALL GONE!!!!
              Rang them - got American lady who was incredibly cheerful and said "yeah, they are having a problem but trying to fix it and pictures will reappear (phew) - she was totally unaware I was having a serious sense of humour failure. I suggested they put a notice on when something as serious as that happens - yeah, she said, we have put one up but it's only on the American side!!!
              She then asked me if I would fill in a questionnaire on how she had dealt with my call.................sense of humour totally failed at this point............I am ashamed to say I told her not to push her luck! Cup of strong coffee called for. I really put this on here not to let off steam but to make others aware that "normal service will be resumed when they get their thumb out"

Sue

Comment

oh dear Sue, I do hope that you have not lost all.

I do agree though that it is pretty poor service for us in the UK when they said it is only the US site that is affected.. er HELLO... don't think SO..

maybe we should ask for a refund?
                Julie

Comment

I have had loads of problems since they let people have free access again in fact it was so bad I emailed them and asked for a refund, their answer was clear my cookies etc humph

Comment

It was probably me downloading free marriage certificates for my One Name study. :p I've been at it most of the day with no problems. I've done now!
                    Anne

Comment

You may have got through to them Sue. I see that the UK site is now apologising for problems with images. I assume this covers photos?

Comment

I have been taking advantage of Ancestry's Free 1911 census. I couldn't find some of my rellies who I knew would have taken part in the census, so I logged into Findmypast and yes there they were, so I did another search at Ancestry, same names same area, and they still didn't come up. There were 3-4 times where Ancestry's records were dubious.
                        A couple of years back the same thing happened so I contacted Ancestry, but of course I got their stock answer, it must be something I'm doing wrong.

Comment

thats the reason I have both ,as quite often will find them on one but not the other like tonight, was looking for a Harriett Stanton spelt right on FMP yet on Ancestry spelt Harriott

Comment

Originally posted by Fern View Post
                            I have been taking advantage of Ancestry's Free 1911 census. I couldn't find some of my rellies who I knew would have taken part in the census, so I logged into Findmypast and yes there they were, so I did another search at Ancestry, same names same area, and they still didn't come up. There were 3-4 times where Ancestry's records were dubious.
                            It's possible that they have been mistranscribed on Ancestry. If you are still trying to find them, give us some names/birth years and we'll have a look for you.
                            Elaine

Comment

Working...
                            X