Find my past subscription

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Find my past subscription

I normally use ancestry for most research, not carried out much for the last 18 months or so, for various reasons, but just rekindling my interest and am considering a find my past subscription to help with some Irish prison records that I have found. Just a question really of whether they do any discounts or regular offers on their subscription packages?
    Many thanks
    Paul
    My Family History Blog Site:

https://chiddicksfamilytree.com

Not very often Paul. Sometimes I have seen offers via the Lost Cousins newsletter - not sure if there is a current one running.
    Like Ancestry, they also offer a 10 or 14 day free trial and of course you can purchase credits if you want to use it on a pay as you go basis, although I think that can work out somewhat expensive.
    Elaine

Comment

Just checked - 10% discount via Lost Cousins -
      Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine, hence my question on here as I don't recall many previous offers, thought if anybody would know it would the good people on here.

Comment

I have had an offer via email today of 20% off, but I don't know if it only applies to me. It says the discount will be automatically applied when I log in (I am registered with them but don't have a subscription) but if not they have given me a code to use. The code doesn't appear to be specific to me; it is a word that is related to their current promotion material.

I could PM someone the code if they want to give it a go.
          Co-ordinator for PoW project Southern Region 08
          Researching:- Wieland, Habbes, Saettele, Bowinkelmann, Freckenhauser, Dilger in Germany
          Kincaid, Warner, Hitchman, Collie, Curtis, Pocock, Stanley, Nixey, McDonald in London, Berks, Bucks, Oxon and West Midlands
          Drake, Beals, Pritchard in Kent
          Devine in Ireland

Comment

Originally posted by PeteW1959 View Post
            I have had an offer via email today of 20% off, but I don't know if it only applies to me. It says the discount will be automatically applied when I log in (I am registered with them but don't have a subscription) but if not they have given me a code to use. The code doesn't appear to be specific to me; it is a word that is related to their current promotion material.

I could PM someone the code if they want to give it a go.
            Like Pete, I'm registered but don't have a subscription, and have also just received the offer via email, so assume the offer will be going out to others in the same circs, to encourage us to subscribe.
            Researching:
            HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

they give you an annual 10% off when you renew your sub, so would be worth it if your considering a more permanent sub.

Comment

Got the same email myself offering 20% discount how spooky.

Comment

Out of interest is the entry in find my past likely to contain more information than this which is on the family search website.
                  As I will only be purchasing a subscription from find my past to view this set of records which contain various entries to the Daniels family of Kilmainham, Dublin.

Thanks

"Ireland, Prison Registers, 1790-1924," John Daniels, 1908

name: John Daniels
                  also known as: Elizth Daniels
                  role of individual: Prisoner
                  event: Prison
                  event date: 1908
                  event place: Kilmainham, Dublin, Ireland
                  residence: Island Bridge
                  birthplace: Blackhorse Lane
                  estimated birth year: 1884
                  prison: Kilmainham
                  offence: Stealing 1 Cwt Of Sheet Lead
                  victim:
                  victim's address:
                  where convicted:
                  item: 1
                  book: 1/10/28
                  county: Dublin
                  film number: 2356739
                  digital folder number: 004492662
                  image number: 00135
                  Last edited by Paulc; 19-09-13, 18:01.

Comment

I would try the FMP World site. I got a year for AU$59 last year and they asked me to renew this for the same price. That's about 34 pounds.

Comment

Same here Libby, but I think that offer was only open to those people who took out the introductory worldwide offer last year. It will be interesting to see what they charge us next year!
                      Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Paulc View Post
                        Out of interest is the entry in find my past likely to contain more information than this which is on the family search website.
                        As I will only be purchasing a subscription from find my past to view this set of records which contain various entries to the Daniels family of Kilmainham, Dublin.

Thanks
                        "Ireland, Prison Registers, 1790-1924," John Daniels, 1908
                        Paul, I have looked at a couple of the Ireland Prison Register entries, and what you are seeing on Family Search seems to be a fairly accurate transcription of what is on the actual image.

One thing to be aware of, is that Irish collections are not included in the UK site. You either need to register on the Irish site (http://www.findmypast.ie) or take out a worldwide subscription.

If you have found the entry on Family Search then why not contact them for a copy of the image, using their free duplication service.
                        Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Harrys mum View Post
                          I would try the FMP World site. I got a year for AU$59 last year and they asked me to renew this for the same price. That's about 34 pounds.
                          Thanks Harry's mum that looks really good at that price if they offer something like this again i will definitely be subscribing.

Thanks Elaine I will have a look see if what I need qualifies for the
                          Photo duplication service.

Comment

Working...
                          X