Software advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Software advice please

I have used Norton 360 for the last few years and each time they upgrade, not only does it get more expensive, but it also seems to get more complicated. Now I am by no means a computer expert but I am getting boxes from time to time appearing in the right hand corner giving me information that I don't understand or the importance of. My other bugbear about Norton 360 is that it takes up so much time to scan for viruses, backup etc when advised to and I can't actually do any work on the computer while it does them.

I am contemplating trying a different security package when my current one expires. All I think I really need is anti-virus/malware software. I think I'm right that I can remove cookies and do a backup using what's supplied on my Windows package. Am I right?

If not, can anyone recommend any other software package, but not Kasperskys!). They don't necessarily have to be free!

with thanks
    Beverley
    Interested in the following:CRUSH from Essex and London; YOUNG from Wanstead Essex and East London; HODSON from Chester; and GERAGHTY/GERRITY from Chester and Co Mayo

I use Microsoft Security Essentials which is free. Download from Microsoft website. It works very well for me. My son works in IT and that is what he recommends.
    Last edited by WendyPusey; 15-09-13, 13:38.
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Same as Wendy - Microsoft Security Essentials for me.
      Elaine

Comment

Same as Wendy and Elaine. Important thing to remember is to uninstall whatever anti-virus you have BEFORE you install Microsoft Security Essentials. Important that you do not have two anti-virus programs at the same time. Good luck. I run with Windows 7 Home Premium with MSE and have found it excellent. If you want some extra back up for malware. Download FREE Malwarebytes or SuperAntispyware which will not conflict with MSE.

Kindest regards
        Linda - Happy Hunting

A tidy house is the sign of a broken computer

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

Comment

Working...
        X