More bad handwriting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More bad handwriting.

I think the witnesses surnames are Wright & Mc Grath but Christian names are a problem.
    Thought the first was Adam and perhaps Alice for the second but I've no confidence with them............can anyone help?2 witnesses.jpg

What date and area is the certificate for please Alan?
    Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 15-09-13, 11:14.
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Hi Chrissie,...............its St Peter's Liverpool 1862 not yet transcribed.

Comment

Aslem?
        Celiea?
        Last edited by Anne in Carlisle; 15-09-13, 11:35.

Comment

Felix & Ann; thanks for your suggestions............they could be right but I don't know them as Christian names.

Comment

Hi Alan. Just checked the McGrath births in Liverpool between 1837 and 1834 but nothing looking right. Maybe it's a married woman. Will try for an Olive marrying a McGrath

No, non in Liverpool anyway.
            Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 15-09-13, 11:43.

Comment

There was an Adam Wright born in Liverpool in Dec 1842?

Comment

There is a possible marriage in March 1843 Liverpool between a John McGrath with an Alice Perrin on the same page. Might be worth checking the 1851 census in case it says Alice McGrath?
                Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 15-09-13, 11:50.

Comment

You know that Adam Wright born Liverpool.....................does it say his handwriting is very bad
                  I couldn't see anything obvious in the '51 census; thanks for your time Chrissie.
                  I'll enter Adam & Celia.......descendants can always blame poor transcription, ay?

Comment

i would have thought 'adlum wright'. the woman looks like 'celie' but not. but 'celie' is the best interpretation.

Comment

There is an Adam Wright born abt 1844 a Stoker on a Steam Boat living in 16 Tenterden Street Liverpool with his family
                      Meant to say in 1861
                      Last edited by Guest; 15-09-13, 16:29.

Comment

Originally posted by AlanC View Post
                        You know that Adam Wright born Liverpool.....................does it say his handwriting is very bad
                        I couldn't see anything obvious in the '51 census; thanks for your time Chrissie.
                        I'll enter Adam & Celia.......descendants can always blame poor transcription, ay?
                        Yes Alan, someone had written a postscript 'Please note that Adam Wright and Celia McGrath's writing was always illegible' ;):D

Comment

Working...
                        X