Can anyone help find these families?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone help find these families?

I am really stuck on this family at the moment and wonder if a new eye could help.

Robert Rowe born 1856 in Preston married Ida Maria Ogden dob. 1859, Keighley, in 1879.
    They had two daughters Mabel Elizabeth 1883 and Alice Theresa 1888.
    They moved about abit and ended up in Ecclesall Bierlow Yorkshire. (1891 census)
    In 1895 Robert and Ida divorced with the co-respondent as Arthur Walter Edwards.
    I have found Robert with a new partner Louisa Fletcher in 1901 with two other children Margery born 1898 and an unnamed infant born 1901. They don't seem to have married until 1906.
    Ida and Arthur in 1901 are living as husband and wife in Cheltenham. I can find no marriage for them, I think this is that Arthur was already married and I can find no divorce for him.
    Thats it no other trace for any of them, that I can see anyway.
    I think that I may have a family for Mabel but nothing for anyone else.
    Can anybody find a 1911 trace for them or have the whole lot fallen off the face of the earth.
    Julie

Smile, it confuses people.

1911 census for Robert and Louisa - transcribed on Ancestry as Robert Lowis Rowl
    Begin your discovery today by exploring the world's largest online family history resource!

Class: RG14; Piece: 27743.
    Elaine

Comment

Mabel Elizabeth Rowe married Frederick William Shirt in Q/E March 1904. Could be yours. They're here in 1911

Jackie

Comment

Possibly Alice as a servant in 1911

Jackie

Comment

If Ida kept surname of Rowe then a possible marriage in Cheltenham Registry office in 1917 to George Oakey
          Angelina

Comment

Great information, I was going boss eyed trying to find them.
            The wedding for Ida certainly seems a possible. Arthur apparently was a "black sheep" of the family.
            Thats the info that I have for Mabel too. Thanks for the possible Alice census details.
            Thanks for the help I knew that fresh eyes could help.
            Last edited by Jules; 11-09-13, 15:30.
            Julie

Comment

very sorry but you will have to ignore that 1917 ida marriage- found a birth in 1920 in cheltenham oakey/rowe and your ida would be too old by then.
              Angelina

Comment

Thanks angelina,
                I went the other way and found a death the date of birth for that Ida Rowe wasn't early enough.
                Julie

Comment

Working...
                X