Find A Grave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Find A Grave

Has anyone ever had any contact from someone who has seen your entry on Find A Grave?

I have done it the the other way around and made contact with a family member who had put an entry on there.

Linda

No sorry I haven't but I have found family graves on the site especially in the USA.

I thought the information was put on by someone entering the whole cemetary - was I wrong?

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Originally posted by JBee View Post

I thought the information was put on by someone entering the whole cemetary - was I wrong?
      I think info is either submitted by volunteers who cover a whole or part cemetery - or submissions can be made by individuals, posting their own family graves/personal finds.
      Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Sorry JBee just came back on here.

Yes I entered all the information I had about my own family

Someone had entered a Great Uncle of mine and I made contact and uncovered loads of new information

Was hoping the same MIGHT happen to me

Linda

Comment

People have suggested changes to pages that I manage.

I've been assisted by findagrave volunteers - often times, they know the local resources, and can retrieve an obit. When I ask for a photo of a gravestone, I usually ask volunteers who else is in the plot and who else is in the area with that surname on their stone. Lots of info that way.

Comment

Working...
            X