I stumbled across this..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I stumbled across this..

I stumbled upon this little plaque yesterday and am intrigued by it as I have a huge McKerrow family tree but don't know of any connections to Lincolnshire where I found this little gem. I searched deaths but the access I have only goes up to 1984. Maybe somebody has access to electorial registers for that time to see who he was living with then maybe I can make a connection.

(on ancestry) Death Registration for John William McKerrow, reg May Q 1990, Spalding District (vol 7 page 1988) ? Age 62, date of birth 8 Nov 1927.

This seems to be matching birth from Freebmd

Surname First name(s) Mother District Vol Page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Births Dec 1927 (>99%)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

McKerrow John W C (mmn)Cawker W.Ham 4a 65

Diane
    Last edited by dicole; 06-09-13, 04:46.
    Diane
    Sydney Australia
    Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

The electoral rolls show that during the 1950s he and wife lived in Woolwich. There are two marriages on Freebmd - one in 1949 and one in 1960. Don't like to put more in case wife is still alive.
      Diane
      Sydney Australia

Comment

thank you for that He is my 4th cousin twice removed. How strange that I stumbled upon that. We were just out for the day visiting Croyland Abbey but called in to the museum for a quick look around and as it was a hot day had a quick wander through the gardens....

Comment

Its strange how and when you can find your family ! Did you get goosebumps when you saw it ?
          Diane
          Sydney Australia

Comment

I was quite shocked as I had no idea it was there. It was quite by chance or fate!!! He appears to have children by his first marriage so wonder if they are around Lincolnshire..

Comment

I love the bark on the London Plane, it is so pretty.. I read somewhere that they help with pollution which is why they are often planted at the side of the road..

great find though!!..
              Julie
              They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
                I love the bark on the London Plane, it is so pretty.. I read somewhere that they help with pollution which is why they are often planted at the side of the road..
                I think it's more that they can survive in a a smoke-polluted atmosphere rather than helping with it.
                Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Working...
                X