Annetta Selina Howgego

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annetta Selina Howgego

Please could I have help finding a death registration for Annetta Selina Howgego née Finnis.

Annetta married John Howgego, a Trinity Pilot, on 23/23/1858, she had 11 children between 1859-1881. Her last son was born Sept 1881 and that is the last date I can find any mention of her.

John Howgego remarries Nov 1886 to Annie Fenner. John dies in 1912 and Annie in 1915, they are buried together in Charlton Cemetery, Dover. I contacted Dover Council to see if they had a burial for Annetta. They were very helpful and gave me details of John and Annie’s grave plus a daughter of John and Annetta but no sign of Annetta.

Any help or suggestions on why I cannot find Annetta’s death reg would be gratefully received. I have tried all sorts of different spellings and even ploughed through all of Dover’s death regs 1881-1886 but no luck. Wondered if she died in childbirth or had post natal depression and was sent off somewhere else and died but still there should be a death reg.

surprisingly there are 84 results for 'howgego' in FMP's burial records. they have the ones from kent too, with images. but no annetta. there is a mary selina, and a selina anne though, daughters?

Comment

here's a thought, maybe her death was not registered, or it didn't make it to the GRO indexes.....have you tried the local register office?

Comment

Your right Mary Selina is a daughter and buried in the same cemetery as her father.

Must admit I haven't tried the local registry office as Dover Council couldn't find a burial in the Dover area but will contact them, thank you for the suggestion.

Comment

Who is the Annetta Howgego who marries in December 1881?

OC

Comment

That is John and Annetta's daughter Annetta Louisa Howgego who marries William Knight

Comment

Going off on a tangent slightly, I would like to find out more about Annie Fenner.

She was born Ann Fenner in 1838 in Chiddingstone, Kent. I have her on the 1841 and 1851 census but can't find her again until her marriage to John Howgego in 1886 in West Ham. They are married by Banns so maybe Annie was living in West Ham.

Comment

Working...
              X