Records of Divorce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Records of Divorce

Hi all, Can anyone tell me - is it possible to locate records of divorce?. I have just found out that a relative did have their marriage `Dissolved`, when I don`t know or where. I want to try and find out if she remarried or not. Any help greatly appreciated, thanks.
    Cheers, cresser.

Do you know an approximate date. There are some records available at the National Archives - search Discovery using J77 as the reference number.

This guide may help you ... http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/r...on/divorce.htm
    Elaine

Comment

ancestry has some divorce records, up to 1903 i think. i don't when the national archives collection goes up to.

Comment

Originally posted by cresser View Post
        Hi all, Can anyone tell me - is it possible to locate records of divorce?. I have just found out that a relative did have their marriage `Dissolved`, when I don`t know or where. I want to try and find out if she remarried or not. Any help greatly appreciated, thanks.
        Cheers, cresser.
        If you want to find out if she remarried you will need to search the BMD index under her maiden and first married name.

Margaret

Comment

Many thanks to you all for your help. Elaine, Hi again, you have given me advice on this one before, but I have now obtained the 2nd marriage cert, which came today, and the 1st marriage was `Dissolved`, but I have no idea when.
          Thankyou all,again, Cheers, cresser.

Comment

Originally posted by cresser View Post
            Many thanks to you all for your help. Elaine, Hi again, you have given me advice on this one before, but I have now obtained the 2nd marriage cert, which came today, and the 1st marriage was `Dissolved`, but I have no idea when.
            Thankyou all,again, Cheers, cresser.
            Generally speaking divorce is not possible until 2 years of marriage have elapsed so if you are looking for the date use a timeframe from marriage+2 up to date of remarriage.

Margaret

Comment

Working...
            X