Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry has nonconformist records online

England & Wales, Non-Conformist and Non-Parochial Registers, 1567-1970
    just found them so hunting for my wesleyans!
    Angelina

I was just pulling non-conformist records from The Genealogist yesterday. I found records there that I didn't find on Ancestry. I wonder if it's the index?

Comment

Thanks Angelina I have some Bellhouse non conformists so will have a look. Very useful as I've now used up my 50 free FMP credits !

Liz
      my avatar is Emily Varndell Andrews,my paternal grandmother born 1891

Comment

just found a load of mine from lancashire and london and got the images too which gave me their parents so definitely right whoop whoop.

congletonian - hope you find your people .
        Last edited by angelina; 28-08-13, 14:44.
        Angelina

Comment

Thanks for info - off to have a look for my Welsh lot.
          herky
          Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Have yet to find any Phillips. Still looking though.
            Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

Comment

Are these the same records as http://www.bmdregisters.co.uk/ ?

Comment

seem to be the same as at the bmd registers site. is anyone having issues saving images?

Comment

As yet Ancestry only has SOME of the records that are on the bmd reg site. I've had a lot of Quaker records on the bmd registers site - none of these have shown up on Ancestry, although it did have one I hadn't come across before.
                  Similarly, Ancestry had the Wesleyan bp of one of my Norfolk gang, but not the bp of his brother, which was recorded in the same register about 3/5 yrs later.

It may be that Ancestry has more indexing to do and add to the site, OR has already had some very BAD indexing done, which isn't producing the hits I would expect.

Jay
                  Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

i really cleaned up with my grinton wesleyans! killed off a bunch including one i thought had moved to america and died in 1890! i know it's him because his parents and their unusual address are included in the record even though he was 18.

another died in his 50's and his parents names were included....nicely confirming my suspicions.

had a sad entry though "margaret and ruth pratt 2 children buried in one cofin (sic) and one grave. of feetham. ruth 2 years old, the other an infant".

Comment

I just checked my lot again as I can find all siblings either side of my 3 x great grandfather but not him!! how annoying.

They seemed to be registered in batches so I guess they forgot they hadn't done him!
                      Margaret
                      Last edited by margaretmarch; 29-08-13, 10:48.

Comment

Found the register entry for my great-grandfather. Previously I just had an IGI entry and the non-con register index to go on. Now I'll have to look for the rest of my Gloucestershire rellies.

Edit: but no sign of his siblings, who must be in a register that Ancestry haven't yet indexed.
                        Last edited by Uncle John; 29-08-13, 11:32.
                        Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

I hate it when I find records like that so sad, but those were the times. I have found some of the Wesleyns I was looking for and it has been a bit of an eye opener. I have found children I didn't even know existed because they were christened within the faith pre 1837, I can now put a whole family together. I am so chuffed to find these records.
                          Vonny.

Comment

Working...
                          X