Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anybody help with the fairbAnks who emigrated to australia on a bus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anybody help with the fairbAnks who emigrated to australia on a bus?

might be abit of a long shot but there was a newspaper article about the fairbanks who emigrated to australia by bus. i have no real details except my grandma was born in 1930s and pretty sure it happened between then and the 1950s. i have seen the newspaper article many years ago but it has since been lost. anyone help?
    thanks in advance

jammin

Where did they leave from? How do you get from the UK to Australia by bus?????

OC

Comment

lol im not sure of the details i know they were living in islington im sure they didnt drive all the way to australia :-)

Comment

Here they are on youtube

:o

Comment

What a great find!
          Phil
          historyhouse.co.uk
          Essex - family and local history.

Comment

That's absolutely fab! I googled the bus bit but didn't come up with anything like that.

Margaret

Comment

Brilliant sleuthing - well done, Felix.

Jay
              Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

I had fun watching it too. :o

Comment

Did you see the comments below from the son who said they never made it to NZ but got as far as Bombay and then tried again to go from Canada to Aus and again didn't make it.

It will be interesting to hear from jammin208 as it sounded like they did eventually get to NZ.

Margaret

Comment

Fascinating story, but surely they could have emigrated to Australia much more cheaply under the "ten-pound pom" scheme?

Comment

Originally posted by Mary from Italy View Post
                      Fascinating story, but surely they could have emigrated to Australia much more cheaply under the "ten-pound pom" scheme?
                      I was thinking that, but not such an adventure!
                      Margaret

Comment

this is amazing thankyou so much :-) i knew this story must be somewhere. wonder if they made it?xx

Comment

i remember my grandma saying something about them running out of money and the son says the same under the video link. also ronnie died in canada so i guess they didnt make it :-( but they defo had one long adventure.x

Comment

Working...
                          X