Where were my Grandparents & Family living in 1911

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where were my Grandparents & Family living in 1911

John Moss b.Salford Feb 1878.(Gas Stoker) & Emma Moss nee Evans b.Langholm,Dumfries 1879

They married Salford 1900 ( St Bartholomews)

My father was the youngest child of the above & I am trying to find out where they were living at the time of the 1911c

They had at least 11 children before Dad was born in 1920 & I am trying to see how many there were at the time of this census.

I do know that they moved from Salford to Eccles but don't know when,& I know Dad(Stanley) was born in James Terrace,Eccles.

Any help appreciated please.
    :o
    ​Bettyespana

Hi Betty, the 1911 census is on Ancestry for your Grandparents. They were living in Eccles, the youngest son James was born in Eccles, Robert, the next youngest was born in Salford, so between 1903/4 up to 1911 they moved from Salford.
    The address looks like 18 James Terrace.
    It's free the rest of today to look at the census on Ancestry, you can also save to your computer.
    Vonny.

Comment

Oops! Sorry forgot to put the url on for you:

Vonny.

Comment

I have tried to do this on Ancestry,in fact I have been trying for the last 3days & it won't let me in!!! Very frustrating!!

Thank you anyway for the info that they were at 18 James Terrace in Eccles.

Betty
        ​Bettyespana

Comment

Hi Betty, try this: http://search.ancestry.co.uk/ this should take you tot he seach box, just fill in your grandfather's details and then a list will appear, 1911 will be near the top with his name and location in 1911 on it. You shouldn't have any problems with this. Good Luck!
          Vonny.

Comment

Thank you Vonny NW,I will try that.

Regards

Betty
            ​Bettyespana

Comment

Working...
            X