Is this actually my Phillips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this actually my Phillips?

Thanks to JayG & Angelina I have found that William Phillips married Jane Eggleston & had 3 children. William, Jane & John, William was born a month before the marriage. He married Sarah Pashley first & one of the witnesses was a man named Nicolas Phillips.

Marriages, Durham DistrictRecord Number: 287323.1
    Church: St. Margaret
    Denomination: Anglican
    15 Sep 1817 William Phillips, of this parish married Sarah Pashley, of this parish
    Witnesses: Nicholas Phillips, Ann Eggleston, George Adamson
    Taken from Durham Records Online.

William & Sarah had John- 1818, Mary- 1820, Henry- 1823 in Framwellgate & Crossgate area of Durham.
    Sarah died in 1823.
    William then married again in 1825 to Ann Dixon, this time in Aycliffe and had:
    Twins Rebecca/Thomas- 1826
    Alice- 1828
    Jane- 1830
    Mary Ann- 1834
    William- 1839
    George- 1841
    Robert- 1834

Now the interesting part, above the twins is a birth for a Nicolas, son of Nicolas & Elizabeth Phillips.

A page behind Alice is John, son of Nicolas & Elizabeth:

Now in these records both William & Nicolas are noted as being Paper makers.

Angelina sent me this link: http://www.aycliffehistory.org.uk/ht...kerneMills.htm If you press CTRL and F you can search certain things. Phillips will bring up Nicolas & William as paper manufacturers.

A search in Google by Mum brought this up: http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=M...illips&f=false

So is Nicolas related somehow? He's obviously not William's brother so is he a Cousin?

Really hoping that someone can help here..
    Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

Found a Nicholas Phillips on Durham Records Online & I bought it.

William has a Robert, his son John- 1818 had a Robert as well, so is the Father of Nicolas actually the Uncle of William, the Son of Jane Eggleston & the other William? Most of the Phillips that I have confirmed as definite Phillips family members are named after various family members. William=7, John=4, Robert=4/5?, George=6, Mary=5, Sarah=4, Emily=4 and so forth.

I've just realized that none of that actually makes sense.

Baptisms, Durham District - Record Number: 718558.0
    Church: St. Oswald
    Denomination: Anglican
    20 Jul 1794 Nicholas Phillips, son of Robert Phillips (militia man)
    Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

Comment

Working...
    X