Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a baptism but where to look?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a baptism but where to look?

My grandmother, Clara Ellen Woods, who was born in 1876 in Sunninghill, which I understand is Berkshire. Other family baptisms are on the Surrey records on Ancestry but not Clara. She was the daughter of John and Ellen Woods.

I am a little confused as to whether I should look at Surrey or Berkshire for Sunninghill, does anyone know?

Also, I have been unable to find the Berkshire records on line and wondered if anyone knew if they were available.

Thank you for your assistance?

Gill

Originally posted by Gill D View Post
    My grandmother, Clara Ellen Woods, who was born in 1876 in Sunninghill, which I understand is Berkshire. Other family baptisms are on the Surrey records on Ancestry but not Clara. She was the daughter of John and Ellen Woods.

I am a little confused as to whether I should look at Surrey or Berkshire for Sunninghill, does anyone know?

Also, I have been unable to find the Berkshire records on line and wondered if anyone knew if they were available.

Thank you for your assistance?

Gill
    I can see her birth reg in Windsor, Berkshire which is quite near Sunninghill - have you got her birth certificate?

Have you tried Familysearch.org as thay have baprtism for a wide range of places.

Margaret
    Last edited by margaretmarch; 19-08-13, 12:19.

Comment

Hi

I haven't got her birth certificate yet. I did search on Familysearch.org unsuccessfully; they only identified her birth which I already had.

Comment

Originally posted by Gill D View Post
        Hi

I haven't got her birth certificate yet. I did search on Familysearch.org unsuccessfully; they only identified her birth which I already had.
        Have a look on the reference pages on here for Berkshire and that might give you an idea where to look for baptisms. It is certainly Berkshire you need to look, unless she was baptised late along with the other children.

Margaret

Comment

Gill,

did the other children all have baptisms? was Clara the first child, maybe her birth was registered but they never had her baptised. were all the other children baptised in the same place?
          Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

The first four children were born in Chertsey and baptised in Worplesdon in Surrey and I have found their baptisms, Eliza Ann Woods was born in 1872 in Sunninghill, Berkshire and then Clara followed in 1876 and then a further two children. I have found the other baptisms in Surrey on Ancestry but I think the Berkshire records are not available on line.

Gill

Comment

this mentions Sunningdale as well as Sunninghill..

Julie

Comment

if you scroll down the page on this link http://www.berkshirerecordoffice.org...page=2#results

you can see that Berkshire Record Office has baptisms for 'Sunninghill St Michael'

alternately, if you live in the area any Local Studies Library should have the relevant Baptisms/Marriages/Burials on microfiche for you to view/copy.
                Julie

Comment

Hi

Unfortunately I do not live in the area and therefore would not be able to visit but thank you for your help and advice.

Gill

Comment

Working...
                  X