• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody find these in 1861 ? thanks

Head Francis Dods abt 1805 St Botolph Aldgate Middlesex
    Wife Mary Dods abt 1805 Bethnal Green

in 1851 Francis is a Porter
    in 1871 he is a Shoemaker and a Widow so Mary I am assuming died between and 1851 and 1871 but have not found her death yet

thanks
    Last edited by Guest; 17-08-13, 20:34.

Where is Francis in 1871?
    Elaine

Comment

No worries ... found him.
      Elaine

Comment

Thanks for looking Elaine ,I've now found two Deaths one of which could be her ,one in Sep 1861 Pancras the other in Dec 1864 Whitechapel, so she should be on the 1861 Census

Comment

Yes, I saw those deaths as well .. not having much luck at the moment with the 1861 census.
          Elaine

Comment

Can't see them I'm afraid Val.
            Elaine

Comment

Thanks for trying, I have tried all alternatives I can think of ,I know he sometimes called himself Frank so tried that too but nothing, think I'll leave them for tonight, thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                Thanks for looking Elaine ,I've now found two Deaths one of which could be her ,one in Sep 1861 Pancras the other in Dec 1864 Whitechapel, so she should be on the 1861 Census
                Are there any burial records online which might help you identify if either is relevant for your research? That might steer you nearer to what you want.

Have you checked that the census piece you would expect to need isn't amongst the lost ones?

Christine
                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Sorry Val. Checked a couple of possible mistranscriptions but too many things didn't match.
                  Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

thanks Christine and Chrissie I will check for the burial and if the census covers the area they were in 1851 thanks.

Comment

Val - there is a list of missing census pieces for the 1861 census in our reference library - http://www.familytreeforum.com/conte...g-census-pages
                      Elaine

Comment

Working...
                      X