Pontybodkin Cannel Colliery, Flintshire, Wales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pontybodkin Cannel Colliery, Flintshire, Wales

I am searching for commemorative presentation of a piece polished cannel coal mounted on polished oak and bearing a silver shield inscribed:

"Presented to S. Chandler sen., in commemoration of the cannel struck at Leeswood Valley Mines on 11th March 1893"

Finding this would be absolutely fantastic.

Somewhere out there it exists!

I was staying at a B&B in Blackpool many years back and the B&B was owned by a Weshman and his wife who had a large collection of figures cut from coal and mounted on wood, I think he had been a miner once himself.

Edna

Comment

Originally posted by maxdecatt View Post
      I am searching for commemorative presentation of a piece polished cannel coal mounted on polished oak and bearing a silver shield inscribed:

"Presented to S. Chandler sen., in commemoration of the cannel struck at Leeswood Valley Mines on 11th March 1893"

Finding this would be absolutely fantastic.

Somewhere out there it exists!
      You might reach a wider audience if you posted this on facebook and twitter.

Margaret

Comment

And keep on googling and looking on eBay.

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

B&B in Blackpool

Originally posted by clematised View Post
          I was staying at a B&B in Blackpool many years back and the B&B was owned by a Weshman and his wife who had a large collection of figures cut from coal and mounted on wood, I think he had been a miner once himself.

Edna

Can you recall te name of the B&B ?

Comment

Thank you, I will try that.

Comment

Originally posted by maxdecatt View Post
              Thank you, I will try that.
              By that I meant I would try the suggestion about Facebook & Twitter.

Comment

You might find something on this site http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/n...208%20D-JB.pdf
                It's quite a long winded document but there are refernces to Pontybodkin.
                Vonny

Comment

Working...
                X