What became of her after 1881

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What became of her after 1881

I have been 'tidying up' my tree finding siblings of my ancestors marriages etc so I started with
    Elizabeth Dakin b 1869 Castle Donington, Leicester ( Derbyshire district reg) found her on the 1871 3yr and 1881 12yrs with her parents.
    I looked for a death, looked for a marriage found one 1Q 1895 W.Derby 8b 506 to a Henry Hamilton Hudson a possible for her as Elizabeth Hudson wife in 1891 26yrs in Castle Donington, Leicester. I have 1911 free access to 1911 at the 'mo' so looked for her on that not at first noticing she was married to a William Hudson.
    Additionally there is a Henry Hamilton Hudson in Berkenhead aged 44yrs a widow in 1911 which is possibly a more likely candidate of that W.Derby marriage

This couple claim to have been married for 26 years on the 1911 census
    the likely marriage for them is 4Q 1884 an Elizabeth England Ashby de la Zouch 7a 232 so not the lady I am after.

All above written so you know what I have looked at.......so my question is..................
    Can anyone help Elizabeth Dakin b 1869 Castle Donington, Leicester. What became of her after 1881
    Foxyloxy

There appears to be more than one Elizabeth/Eliza Dakin born in Castle Donnington about the same time. What were the names of your Elizabeth's parents?
    My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

There is an Elizabeth Kilborn (born about 1869) with husband John Kilborn and four children in 1901 at Clapgun Street, Castle Donnington. Also in the household is her father George Dakin.
      Last edited by LangleyValeSue; 17-08-13, 18:13.

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

Originally posted by LangleyValeSue View Post
        There is an Elizabeth Kilborn (born about 1869) with husband John Kilborn and four children in 1901 at Clapgun Street, Castle Donnington. Also in the household is her father George Dakin.
        Yes you are correct there are a lot, it seems Clapgun Street, Castle Donnington was a lodging house' or something similar I seem to have many who lived there..will do some investigating but I think it sounds likely, correct father, if there is any chance of all the information from the 1901 I will go and look on the 1911

Thank you
        Foxyloxy

Comment

John Kilborn appears to be a Basket? Manufacturer and an employer in 1901. He is 33 and born Castle Donington.
          Also in the household are Elizabeth (wife) born Castle Donington aged 32.
          Sons George (11), Reuben (9), Ernest (7) and John (2), all born Castle Donington.
          George Dakin (72) is a widower and listed as father-in-law.

I haven't yet found a marriage for Elizabeth and John though.
          Last edited by LangleyValeSue; 17-08-13, 18:44.

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

Thank you that certainly appears to fit George DoB and Elizabeth's DoB......... yes I was just looking and the only Elizabeth marrying I can find in Shardlow dist' is in 1889...and no John Kilborn, so I will spread the search wider
            Foxyloxy

Comment

There is a marriage listed in 1889 between a John Kilborn and Elizabeth Tomlinson in Shardlow. I wonder whether she could have been married before. I know she would have been very young, but my 4x G grandmother was married first at 16 and widowed at 21 and married my 4x G grandfather aged 22.

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

Yes that is the one I found , you may be correct as their first child was born in 1890( well I see from the 1911 census they had another child who died, so I am assuming their first child was born in 1890)
                Foxyloxy

Comment

There is a marriage of John KILBORN to Elizabeth TOMLINSON Q2 1889 in Shardlow and Elizabeth Kilborn in 1911 states she has been married 22 years. Bearing in mind the presence of George Dakin in 1901 could Elizabeth Dakin and Elizabeth Tomlinson be one and the same? She'd have been about 20/21 at marriage but even so I suppose could she have been married and widowed before?
                  Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

John Kilborn appears to have died in March 1904 aged 35 - Shardlow ref 7b 324. She is widowed by 1911.
                    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Oh oops I took so long looking and typing that Sue beat me to it
                      Last edited by JudithM; 17-08-13, 19:06.
                      Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

;)
                        It makes a change for me to beat anyone to it with my posts Judith.

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

I can find no marriage the only 'likely' death is a William Thominson 1Q 1883
                          33yrs Shardlow 7b 309 BUT Elizabeth would have only been 14yrs old so I wouldn't have thought that she would be married at 14
                          Foxyloxy

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
                            John Kilborn appears to have died in March 1904 aged 35 - Shardlow ref 7b 324. She is widowed by 1911.
                            Thank Chrissie for that.... I am still looking maybe their Dakin/Kilborn marriage has not been indexed or maybe they never married in the first place as I have found a '23yr married' on the 1911 of my great grandparents( she was also a Dakin) looked for years and coun't find them, then found them marrying the year after their daughter in the same page of the parish record book in 1912
                            Foxyloxy

Comment

Working...
                            X