Canadian BMD certificates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian BMD certificates

Does anyone know if it is possible to view Canadian BMD's online and also order certificates. I'm trying to help a friend, she only asked me yesterday, who doesn't have the internet, to trace family who seems to have settled in the Vancouver BC area C 1907-10 and all I've found so far is the Man travelling in 1907 and the family on the 1910 with 2 children, one born England 1905 and one Canada 1910. No sign of the wife and son travelling to Canada. Also found what I think is the man in 1945 Elector Rolls at Powell River.

The family are
    Benjamin Jabez B Randall Aston Warwickshire 1st Qtr 1883 He was born Dec 7th 1882

We think his wife is Emily Sarah Goodman married 2nd Qtr 1904 Coventry Warwickshire to a Benjamin Randall Certificate not yet purchased,
    All letters that the family have were apparently signed Emmie & Ben. Not a lot to go on I know.

Possible Son James Edgar Randall Born Aston Warwickshire 4th Qtr 1905 This could be correct registration if he wasn't registered until October as the son on census has date of birth 13 September 1905. Again certificate not yet bought.

Any input would be gratefully received I've to go out for a couple of hours but will be around this evening.
    Last edited by Durham Lady; 16-08-13, 12:58.
    Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

There is a baptism for Benjamin James Randall on Ancestry - parents Benjamin Randall and Emily Sarah Randall - baptism date 6 Nov 1904. Birth date 10 September 1904.

Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Durham Lady View Post
      .... as the son on census has date of birth 13 September 1905.
      Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
      There is a baptism for Benjamin James Randall on Ancestry - parents Benjamin Randall and Emily Sarah Randall - baptism date 6 Nov 1904. Birth date 10 September 1904.
      If you look at the census image the day/month of birth could be 10 September rather than 13 September.
      There also seems to be a confusion on age - a blob which could be either 6 or 7 - therefore born either 1904 or 1905.
      Elaine

Comment

Emily and James Randall travelling to Canada
        Canadian Passenger Lists, 1865-1935 (source Ancestry)
        Date of Arrival - 28 May 1909
        Ship Empress of Ireland
        Departure port: Liverpool
        Arrival Port - Quebec

Elaine

Comment

Marriage for James Benjamin Randall
          Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.
          Elaine

Comment

Death for Benjamin Randall (snr)
            Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.
            Elaine

Comment

Death for Emily Sarah Randall
              Elaine

Comment

Marriage for Kathleen Alice Randall (b 1910 according to 1911 census)
                Elaine

Comment

FreeBMD
                  Benjamin James Randall
                  Oct-Nov-Dec 1904
                  Coventry
                  Volume 6d / Page 522
                  Elaine

Comment

Just noticed - it looks as if Benjamin James Randall and sister Kathleen Alice Randall were married to siblings of the Quincy/Quincey family (on both entries parents shown as James Luke Quincey & Catherine Fry)
                    Elaine

Comment

Hi Durham Lady,
                      The Royal BC Library archive is a brilliant resource. It has indexes to births (1854-1903), marriages (1872-1936), deaths (1872-1992), colonial marriages (1859-1872) and baptisms (1836-1888).
                      The search facility is really straightforward. There isn't always an image of the cert attached, but if there is, you've hit paydirt as the level of detail included, particularly in death certs, is fantastic.
                      I've found these three, but with the level of detail included it should lead you down further trails.
                      There are online death certs for
                      Benjamin Randall here http://search-collections.royalbcmus...0-dc3656a5d135 - detail included confirms that his wife was, as you thought, Emily Goodman.
                      and
                      Emily Goodman Randall here http://search-collections.royalbcmus...9-0fd6e98d4172

1927 Marriage James Randall to Theresa Quiney (sic) here: http://search-collections.royalbcmus...e-107ee4d45482

Basic search page is here: http://search-collections.royalbcmus...gy/BasicSearch
                      Happy hunting!
                      Christine

I've just seen Elaine's last post re Kathleen Randall - her marriage here: http://search-collections.royalbcmus...9-4b386640465f
                      Last edited by Karamazov; 16-08-13, 14:03. Reason: Update
                      Researching:
                      HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Great info Christine - didn't realise they were available!
                        Elaine

Comment

Great info Christine - didn't realise they were available!
                          Yes - don't you just dream of this level of detail on this side of the pond?
                          Researching:
                          HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

If only!
                            Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine and Christine for your input. It all looks promising. The death certificate does seem to be the correct person, if this is my friends man. She said he was a machinist/engineer and mentioned being told something about mill work.
                              I found the baptism of Benjamin DOB 7 Dec 1882 Holy Trinity Coventry April 6th 1903 Written on the side it says "as an adult"
                              Benjamin Randall son of Benjamin and Sarah of Willenhall Father's occupation Farmer.
                              I'm going to try to see my friend this evening to see what information she actually has. We were at a Memorial service and Wake yesterday when she spoke with me and she said something about letters. She also mentioned her mother told her when Benjamin was going to Canada there was some family mystery about him and some of the family felt he aught to know the truth and he was told at the docks before he boarded the ship. Of course that could just be a family story LOL

I'll be back I'm sure for more help on this
                              Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

Just an update re my friend's family in Canada. Thanks to the help here from Elaine and Christine and her searching through boxes and boxes of paperwork she inherited from various members of her family, we have now made contact via Ancestry with a descendant of Benjamin Randall and wife Emily.
                                Daphne

Comment

Originally posted by Durham Lady View Post
                                  Just an update re my friend's family in Canada. Thanks to the help here from Elaine and Christine and her searching through boxes and boxes of paperwork she inherited from various members of her family, we have now made contact via Ancestry with a descendant of Benjamin Randall and wife Emily.
                                  Glad to hear the good news re contact. Working forward from info from British Columbia death certs, I've just recently managed to get in touch with a second cousin and it's been brilliant - he's a lovely man, lots of stories to share, even the prospect of photos of my great-great grandparents ...hope it turns out as well for your friend.
                                  Christine
                                  Last edited by Karamazov; 20-08-13, 17:44.
                                  Researching:

Comment

Working...
                                  X