For anyone with Jewish ancestors from Prussia/Germany

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For anyone with Jewish ancestors from Prussia/Germany

I know someone in Germany who's doing a PhD on an aspect of Jewish history in Germany & he's told me that the University of Dortmund has set up a special unit to research/collate information about Jewish history & Jewish families in any areas which have belonged to Germany or Prussia. I haven't looked into it yet, but thought I'd post the information if anyone is interested.....I'll post more if I find out more & put a post in the reference section

that sounds really interesting Grey might help me in my research

Comment

I'm hoping the same with my lot, Val......you never know, do you ?

Comment

its so hard to find out much about them?

Comment

Grey

I'll be really interested to hear more about this project when you know, especially where they are going to get their information from!

OC

Comment

Grey

I would be interested too. I have just had a letter back from the red cross stating they could not find any information about by GGrandfathers family.

Sue

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
              Grey

I'll be really interested to hear more about this project when you know, especially where they are going to get their information from!

OC
              That's what I've been wondering as well, OC. I've no idea how long this project has been going...it may have just started. It looks as though my lot were from the Warsaw area (only a probability)......I can't imagine what documents they could be using

Comment

Grey

No, I can't imagine what sources they will be using that aren't already known to Jewishgen. Perhaps they are going to invite people to submit family information, or perhaps they are going to use public documents such as newspapers etc.

OC

Comment

I have a contact who might be interested to know about this. Thank you.

Christine
                  Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
                  X