Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real Estate Business in Dorset

Hi

I'd like some advice about where to look for information about a real estate business apparently run in Wemouth Dorset during the 1940s/50s/60s. It was run by an Albert William Stares born 1915, died 2002. His wife was a Janet Rose Critichell, born 1919, died 2005.

Sorry this is so vague, but it's all I have so far.

Thanks!

Adverts in the local paper might be a good start. Usually a local library has relatively recent newspapers. You could try emailing them, I'm sure you'll find it on Google.
    By the way, its usually called Estate Agent in the UK.
    Anne
    Last edited by Anne in Carlisle; 13-08-13, 08:23.

Comment

Old phone books and street directories would be a good place to look, they should give an address for the business (assuming it was trading under his name) - also you could check if either/both of them left wills and get copies of those. It really depends what information you are trying to get ?
      Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
      Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

Thanks Annie

Comment

Anything and everything I can find out about the business basically. Including if other family members were involved in it.

I'll do a search and see who to email about the directories. Most archives will do at least one paid search for us Aussies. The wills are another good idea.

Thanks. :o

Comment

Working...
          X