Facebook problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook problem

I hate FB and very rarely go on it but have been on there this week looking at pics of my grandsons on my daughter's page.

Just gone to my inbox (Hotmail) and I have 132(!) messages from FB all inviting me to her page, all posted between 7.30pm and 8.00pm.

HELP! (My computer has been running very slow of late and I did a Free AVG tune up last night...)

OC

OC, when you go to her page look at the 'friends' part, if you hovver over it with your mouse, you will see 'settings', you can then choose what to see, and what to get notifications about, from there you can specify which, [if any] you want to receive.

hope this helps, if not shout up and i'll see if I can help you any further. :smilee:
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Hi Julie

Sorry, I haven't explained myself properly. It was only one message but repeated 132 times!

OC

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
        Hi Julie

Sorry, I haven't explained myself properly. It was only one message but repeated 132 times!

OC
        oooher OC!.. I do know that 'outlook' was updated yesterday as well, so maybe it was a blip? I know sometimes I can clear all of my mail, then refresh my browser and wallop! they are back again... ho hum
        Julie

Comment

Can anyone help me please. I had a PM from someone who I know is a distant family member. I have replied to him but get a message telling me he has chosen not to acceot PM i.e. has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

How can I contact this person please.

Comment

Jonsbird, are you referring to Facebook or on this forum?
            Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
              Jonsbird, are you referring to Facebook or on this forum?
              I think I have just answered the query on your other thread!
              Elaine

Comment

My problem seems to have sorted itself out, after my pooter had a major sulk! I think it may have been my free AVG, which would not let me onto various sites saying they were unsafe sites. They weren't unsafe for other people.

Anyway, all seems ok now, touch wood!

OC

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
                  My problem seems to have sorted itself out, after my pooter had a major sulk! I think it may have been my free AVG, which would not let me onto various sites saying they were unsafe sites. They weren't unsafe for other people.

Anyway, all seems ok now, touch wood!

OC
                  glad to hear that OC, if you are looking to change from AVG there is a program called ' Microsoft Security Essentials'
                  link: http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/secur...urity/mse.aspx

it is free and I have been using it for a couple of years without any problems. [though you do have to be careful when installing it, NOT to install their add ons, especially if you have your browser set to 'just how you like it' ] just make sure that you read all that appears onscreen when installing.
                  Last edited by Darksecretz; 19-08-13, 06:38.
                  Julie

Comment

Working...
                  X