Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a find today on FMP

Where my Great Granddad is buried

Hospital. GLASSPOOL.—On Monday. March 13th. Albert Glasspool passed peacefully away in his 83rd year. Service in Christ Church. 1.15 to-day. Interred at Hastings Cemetery.

I have his death certificate and all the dates and ages match up.

He did live in Hastings for a while but was living, and died, in Kent.

A couple of phone calls to be done on Monday

Linda

I am sure Hastings is in Kent.
    Vonny.

Comment

Hastings is in Sussex. My Dad was born there Vonny

Linda

Comment

I have a Poole relative who was born and lived his early life in malmesbury Wiltshire.
        He spent his later years in Southend Essex area, but when he died, he was buried in malmesbury.

It could be the same with yours Linda?

Researching:
        FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Originally posted by TrevorFranklin View Post
          I have a Poole relative who was born and lived his early life in malmesbury Wiltshire.
          He spent his later years in Southend Essex area, but when he died, he was buried in malmesbury.

It could be the same with yours Linda?
          He was born in Lambeth, London, but moved to Cranbrook in Kent to open a drapers shop, then moved to Hastings with another shop. Great Granny died there and then he married again and she died there and then in old age he moved to Southboorough in Kent to live with his spinster daughter and died there.

I am hoping that by being buried back in Hastings he could be with one of his wifes.

Linda

Comment

Working...
          X